• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Motor/esc choice for 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, waiting for update on the chosen motor that BashingBrian got.

I got my eyes on two motors at the moment. I don't need/want stupid speed. I just need 30-ish MPH and I'll be happy.
1654086206319.png

1654086266800.png

I'm leaning towards the 3665 size motor so as not to have too long of motor hanging off the motor mount. Probably will wait to see how much room is left over after getting WP-SC8 thrown in there.

What motor did you end up chosing?

The Castle Mamba X is a great little ESC.
This....

IMG_4120.jpeg

Not too sure where to start with pinion size..???

My ESC hasn't turned up yet, seems to be stuck in postal hub in Amsterdam.!! :(

Definitely the 3670. It will work great.

I have mine with a 3674 and 2400kv, love it on 4s.
@Nicochau .. Just had a test run with the new setup with 15T pinion ( temps were around 128F ) maybe I'm too used to 6s but the truck seems slow 😩 I'm running 4s MMX and the 2340kv motor..

What pinion are you using on yours ??

@Nicochau .. Just had a test run with the new setup with 15T pinion ( temps were around 128F ) maybe I'm too used to 6s but the truck seems slow 😩 I'm running 4s MMX and the 2340kv motor..

What pinion are you using on yours ??
I'm using 15T as well and believe am geared for ~42 MPH top speed.

Bear in mind that those SCT bodies look great but they parachute and are not meant for speed. I don't believe you can take such a body much above 50 MPH.

I'm not running a lot faster than 2s/3s setups, but do not need fans and have more runtime. You can probably push it a bit more to get more speed (like 16t or 17t).

I will take my SkyRC GPS next time as I'm really curious how fast it was..!!
Will check the Castle logs later to see if all looks good..

One thing that stood out for me was the handling..!! It's typical Tekno ;):love::cool:

3652 sized motor can. Xerun XR8 SCT ESC. Been great so far. Probably have run around 4~5 8000mah 2S packs through this combo so far. Running in Tampa on crazy hot days. No thermal shutdowns yet. She running fairly cool all thing considering.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 77

Recent Popular Liked

Back