• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Most Recommended Tekno ET48 Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an awesome idea to keep the "needed" upgrades. I had a question are the TKR5149A a needed upgrade? I just recently bought the ET48.3 and trying to build it once, this will be used for bashing and racing. I have read they make a difference than I have read not to waste my money on them and just pick up M2C diff cups, I still figured I would need the pins in the M2C case but not sure.

This is an awesome idea to keep the "needed" upgrades. I had a question are the TKR5149A a needed upgrade? I just recently bought the ET48.3 and trying to build it once, this will be used for bashing and racing. I have read they make a difference than I have read not to waste my money on them and just pick up M2C diff cups, I still figured I would need the pins in the M2C case but not sure.
Depends on application really. If racing it will help decrease the rotational mass effectively making it faster. The differences are probably negligible though. For bashing I’d keep the stock ones.

These are my recommendations for the ET48.3

Rear gearbox

Boca flanged bearing 5x13x4, SMF695-2RS

This protects the pinion gear, bearings, and gearbox during extreme chassis flex when the center rear driveshaft slams into the parts. You can find cheaper bearings out there but I prefer a high quality one from Boca in this high stress area.

Chassis brace

M2C 7075 front/center chassis brace, M2C6905

This keeps flex to a minimum and protects the driveshaft and chassis.

M2C 7075 rear/center chassis brace, M2C6981

This keeps flex to a minimum and protects the driveshaft and chassis. The rear of the stock chassis has the most flex of any area.

M2C lower rear tower brace, M2C6971

This keeps the shock tower from ripping off the gearbox during violent crashes, it really ties everything together and creates a very strong foundation.

Wheel hex

Tekno +2mm wheel hex, TKR5071C

These are required when using MT wheels since they have a wider hex section.

Center differential

M2C 7075 aluminum case, M2C6900
Tekno steel case, TKR5113S
Fioroni aluminum/steel case, FIO-OT-UR550

If you run a high power setup or just want cooler center diff temperatures, these cases have a larger oil capacity. The aluminum or steel construction also protects from rock damage.

Tekno 44T steel spur, TKR5115

This is a must have if you drive in rocky terrain. The stock composite spur does hold up really well though for it's intended use.

Rear mud guards

T-Bone Racing rear mud guards, 57022

These are way more durable than the stock lexan ones from Tekno.

Front/Rear skid plates

MDD 7075 front/rear skid plates, https://www.mdd-modellbau.de/
Voltage Hobbies 6061 rear skid plate, https://www.voltagehobbies.com/
Sumo 6061 front/rear skid plates, Ebay

These obviously help protect your chassis.

Body

Leadfinger Racing Strife body, http://www.leadfingerrc.com/

This body is more durable than the stock one from Tekno.

Servo horn

Tekno 25T aluminum servo horn, TKR5253B
M2C 25T aluminum servo horn, M2C6725

You'll need an aluminum horn for durability because the kit only comes with plastic. It's not cost prohibitive to include 3 different tooth size (23/24/25) aluminum servo horns in the kit.

Last edited:
Other than the servo horn, what do you think of the ET Trapper?

You will need the 2mm offset wheel hexes if you’re going to run MT wheels and tires. They have a 1mm offset pair too but just go with the 2mm’s and be done with it.

Oh, you will need 2 packs when ordering since only 2 come in a pack.
Does anyone have a link for the 2mm offset hexes they could share?

Any recommendations for a good servo? (1st time competition)
Hi Ken from Redondo, (I’m in Torrance)

I like Savox 2274, around $100, brushless which should be good for durability, very decent performance and it is a brand name, so you get what you pay for. Many of the lower end servos claim huge torque numbers but don’t feel that good.

Recent Popular Liked

Back