• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

m2c Center Chassis Brace broken at center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the issue is known with this, i say it's worth a shot, nothing to lose but for them to say no... i simply told amain that it didnt fit well. both amain and m2c are familliar. did you get it from either of them?

I think I updated this somewhere else on here. Just a forewarning to anyone expecting and upgrade. I read my email string as mine should not have an issue and i 100% disagree. I will NOT run a part that I will put $$ on saying it WILL fail. Oh well I tried and hope you guys do get an actual upgrade.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Crazy. I guess I'm glad I got mine from amain and was able to return it... I wonder if m2c addressed the issue with the brace being too short.
Is there a warranty? Snap it in half and say it broke lol

I would email him your info from another email address if it falls inline with the dates of bad ones.

This was posted about 5 hours ago in Facebook group...

M2C RACING now has the m2c 6905 MT410 Center brace
back in stock.
For Tekno MT410 guys who purchased the M2C 6905 CENTER BRACE after May 3rd 2018.
Please check your invoice date if you are not sure when you
made the pruchase.
This is the date that the thin parts started shipping on.
The parts that were shipped before that date are good parts and no action needs to be taken.
I have a list of the customers that purchased the parts from M2C RACING after May 3rd and the parts shipped out today.
For the guys that bought from Amain hobbies, which was about 15 braces. I am waiting on Amain to contact me to see if
I can get a list of the guys that purchased them.
In the meantime, If you purchased the part from Amain.
and you can provide a copy of the reciept with your mailing address I will ship yours out.
Send the info or pics of the invoice to [email protected]
dated after May 3rd.
please do not message me with the information.
I cannot keep track of the messages.

I would email him your info from another email address if it falls inline with the dates of bad ones.

This was posted about 5 hours ago in Facebook group...

M2C RACING now has the m2c 6905 MT410 Center brace
back in stock.
For Tekno MT410 guys who purchased the M2C 6905 CENTER BRACE after May 3rd 2018.
Please check your invoice date if you are not sure when you
made the pruchase.
This is the date that the thin parts started shipping on.
The parts that were shipped before that date are good parts and no action needs to be taken.
I have a list of the customers that purchased the parts from M2C RACING after May 3rd and the parts shipped out today.
For the guys that bought from Amain hobbies, which was about 15 braces. I am waiting on Amain to contact me to see if
I can get a list of the guys that purchased them.
In the meantime, If you purchased the part from Amain.
and you can provide a copy of the reciept with your mailing address I will ship yours out.
Send the info or pics of the invoice to [email protected]
dated after May 3rd.
please do not message me with the information.
I cannot keep track of the messages.

Thanks for the info.

Mine was purchased in January direct from M2C and according to Mitch in my emails, mine should be "the good one" but you can clearly see it is not from the pic I sent him. I u der stand a little since I purchased it so long ago but Not gonna deal with it and get into a pissing match with M2C. If they don't want to stand behind their product I am cool with that and Will just not install it and make me own fix.

Crazy. I guess I'm glad I got mine from amain and was able to return it... I wonder if m2c addressed the issue with the brace being too short.
Is there a warranty? Snap it in half and say it broke lol

Didn't see your response before Cordell's. I'm Over it but really like your train of thinking.

Thanks for the info.

Mine was purchased in January direct from M2C and according to Mitch in my emails, mine should be "the good one" but you can clearly see it is not from the pic I sent him. I u der stand a little since I purchased it so long ago but Not gonna deal with it and get into a pissing match with M2C. If they don't want to stand behind their product I am cool with that and Will just not install it and make me own fix.

I wish I had a picture of mine before it broke, something to compare it to.

I wish I had a picture of mine before it broke, something to compare it to.

hopefully someone who gets the newer one will post a pic. I got mine and can take as many pics and measurements as needed to compare.

hopefully someone who gets the newer one will post a pic. I got mine and can take as many pics and measurements as needed to compare.

Pretty sure the newer one is redesigned so it will look a little different no matter what. At least that is what they had said will be happening.

I haven’t put the new one in yet, but as everyone knows the design is revised a bit. There is still the gap between the brace and the motor mount where mounts too. 04AD79A8-AAE2-4675-8FBD-DAEA17A69C85.jpegA5825EE5-16C3-4780-A823-6D8457B1A54A.jpeg

I lined up the bolt holes and you can see the gap is stil there. Not sure if this will put pressure on that end piece. The old design was that way also so not sure LOL!

@cadon78

I brought this up on FB and Mitchell chimed in saying that this is by design. Makes sense in what he is saying, everything that we strengthen up we are just transferring the force to a new place. In this case it could be the center diff and possibly the motor.

copy/paste from FB

Cordell
Consider this, if I make the part fit flush then when u flat land the truck
It will put a lot of pressure on the motormount. That in turn will flex the mount,and motor.
It could flex enough to screw up the mesh of the gears just enough to take out the spur gears or bend the motor shaft. It us much better to sacrifice a brace than a motor.
Due to the motormount design
U can only make that area so big.
We all see the videos of these trucks running and they put thru some serious abuse. I'm amazed at how durable this truck is,but it can only take so much before something breaks.

@cadon78

I brought this up on FB and Mitchell chimed in saying that this is by design. Makes sense in what he is saying, everything that we strengthen up we are just transferring the force to a new place. In this case it could be the center diff and possibly the motor.

copy/paste from FB

Cordell
Consider this, if I make the part fit flush then when u flat land the truck
It will put a lot of pressure on the motormount. That in turn will flex the mount,and motor.
It could flex enough to screw up the mesh of the gears just enough to take out the spur gears or bend the motor shaft. It us much better to sacrifice a brace than a motor.
Due to the motormount design
U can only make that area so big.
We all see the videos of these trucks running and they put thru some serious abuse. I'm amazed at how durable this truck is,but it can only take so much before something breaks.

Ah makes sense. I remember seeing you posted somewhere but then I couldn’t find it this morning LOL! I figured I would post here and hope you would see it too. Thank you for the posting from Mitch also.

That explanation doesnt make sense to me. The force is still going into the motor mount, just all through the screw instead of from the brace directly...

That explanation doesnt make sense to me. The force is still going into the motor mount, just all through the screw instead of from the brace directly...

The brace and or screw will fail before sending enough force to actually do damage to the mount/motor? I dont know it sounded good lol.

Once Michael Meyer's rear diff to tower brace is ready, there should be no more worries. Between the two braces, the diff case will be the next weak point ;)

Last edited:
The brace and or screw will fail before sending enough force to actually do damage to the mount/motor? I dont know it sounded good lol.

Once Michael Meyer's rear diff to tower brace is ready, there should be no more worries. Between the two braces, the diff case will be the next weak point ;)

Ah that actually does make sense, but seems odd, like its designed to fail at that spot, but I guess its still gonna be stronger than plastic, so it might actually be genius!

Got mine in today, it dropped right in like butter. Best part is I dont have to grind any of the brace away to fit the 1717 can, there is just enough room to run a 20T pinion (y)

So I lied, for some reason when I set the motor in the mesh looked fine. Last night when I went to actually fit and set the mesh I needed about another 1/16 of a inch to mesh properly. The place where the can hit the brace was where the brace is thinner from notching out for the front drive line. I had 2 choices, dremmel the brace at the thinner spot, or dremmel away about 2 square inches of the fins from the 1717 can. I chose to dremmel the fins off the can. Resale value just took a hit, but as of now I have no plans to sell it. I have a hard time letting go of things lol.

20180708_055132.jpg

So I lied, for some reason when I set the motor in the mesh looked fine. Last night when I went to actually fit and set the mesh I needed about another 1/16 of a inch to mesh properly. The place where the can hit the brace was where the brace is thinner from notching out for the front drive line. I had 2 choices, dremmel the brace at the thinner spot, or dremmel away about 2 square inches of the fins from the 1717 can. I chose to dremmel the fins off the can. Resale value just took a hit, but as of now I have no plans to sell it. I have a hard time letting go of things lol.

View attachment 938

ah. i was wondering about that because I too thought I'd have enough room for a 20T but then when I actually tightened everything down the motor moves away from the spur just a hair. The 21T just barely works with the stock brace.
I would have chosen to grind down the $30 brace before the $100+ motor... or better yet just run a 21T pinion and don't need to hack up anything!

ah. i was wondering about that because I too thought I'd have enough room for a 20T but then when I actually tightened everything down the motor moves away from the spur just a hair. The 21T just barely works with the stock brace.
I would have chosen to grind down the $30 brace before the $100+ motor... or better yet just run a 21T pinion and don't need to hack up anything!

Same thing, when I fit the motor it appeared to be perfect. Upon tightening the mesh was just to loose. Maybe I should've ground the brace, though it's only the fins in a small area. I've seen motors in worse condition sell in some if the Facebook groups so I'm not to worried about it. Also considered the 21T, but was in a hurry and ready to bash!

Got some little ramps from discountramps.com and was getting some decent air time until I landed on one wheel while on the throttle.

20180708_114820.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back