• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

m2c Center Chassis Brace broken at center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Anyone else ever see this? Figured this thing would have lasted forever, but I've had it only 2 weeks. A few crashes but no backflips or anything crazy. Wonder if they have a warranty, bought through Amain on eBay.

20180530_152232.jpg

Those rear center braces are notorious for breaking on the truggies... and there are several schools of thought...

1) Replace with an aluminum aftermarket brace.... trade off will be less flex and potentially reduce performance (i.e. less traction)

2) Replace OEM parts and take advantage of 50% lifetime warranty

3) Remove brace completely, this is the most common option in my area, however it's more of a tuning option because the extra flex helps improve traction, but the risk of tossing the center shaft if you get too much flex on power

I personally go with option 2 and I might replace a brace once every 2-3 months on my ET48, never busted the brace on my EB48 or SCT410. I soon plan to try option 3 in an effort to experiment with improving performance :)

wow. I guess that is a prime example of why some flex is good!. I returned mine because it wouldn't fit worth a darn and i will probably not get another since i've already got the alum plates. i would see if amain will replace it since it's only been a couple of weeks. if they won't i'd try to go directly to m2c...

Those rear center braces are notorious for breaking on the truggies... and there are several schools of thought...

1) Replace with an aluminum aftermarket brace.... trade off will be less flex and potentially reduce performance (i.e. less traction)

2) Replace OEM parts and take advantage of 50% lifetime warranty

3) Remove brace completely, this is the most common option in my area, however it's more of a tuning option because the extra flex helps improve traction, but the risk of tossing the center shaft if you get too much flex on power

I personally go with option 2 and I might replace a brace once every 2-3 months on my ET48, never busted the brace on my EB48 or SCT410. I soon plan to try option 3 in an effort to experiment with improving performance :)

thats not the rear brace he broke, its the m2c alum center one piece.

i agree it is very thin at that spot. i wasnt impressed with that brace, it was beefy in the middle but the fit and finish aren't great IMO, esp for $30.

agreed, I am looking at the stock piece that goes onto the center diff mount and it has more material than the aftermarket aluminum one does. Doesnt make sense, I know the space is tight, but why would it be thinner than what is already there? And yeah, for $30 it shouldn't break so fast. I've taken one fall on the lid, rear chassis slapped a jump and it sent me upsidedown and I landed, broke my wing and I guessing the brace as well.

one of those things where it seems like being alum it should be stronger even though it's thinner I suppose... but the plastic flexes before it breaks whereas the alum can't.
I think of it like a hard hit compared to a bending force. plastic can take more force against bending but alum can take more impact force. hard to explain but it's a theory... hit a hammer flat on a plastic piece and it'll break before aluminum, but hit them to bend and the alum will snap where the plastic won't.

I just replaced the m2c brace with the stock braces, there is definitely more flexing with the stock braces, even with the m2c brace being broken. So your explanation makes perfect sense. There was little to no flex before the m2c brace broke. Makes me wonder if running it broke will still be stronger than the stock ones.

Did all of your screw holes line up without forcing it?

yes, lined up perfectly. in fact they still line up, just the back is blone out of the brace.

edit...well maybe at the center diff it is slightly off. (took another look at the picture) but would not take much to get that back into place, I wouldnt call it force.

Do you happen to recall the part #'s for that?

The picture makes it seem like the screw didn’t line properly at first. If the brace is under tension right where it broke from a tolerance issue, that could lead to a failure.

I’ll get back to you.

Do you happen to recall the part #'s for that?
It’s been a while since I installed it but this is what I used.
  • VRP Hot Bodies E817 Center Chassis Brace, VRP1324
  • Tekno Rod End, TKR5056
  • HB Rod End, don't have part #
  • Tekno Bushings, TKR5055A
  • M4x20 Button Head Screws
  • M6 Washer x4

thats not the rear brace he broke, its the m2c alum center one piece.
yikes.... I don't want to think how that is even possible.... I've taken some nasty crashes on rare occasion, but I don't think I've ever broken the front center brace yet on my truggy... now I probably jinxed myself!

Just to confirm... thread lock was used and the screw didn't back out before the damage occurred?

yikes.... I don't want to think how that is even possible.... I've taken some nasty crashes on rare occasion, but I don't think I've ever broken the front center brace yet on my truggy... now I probably jinxed myself!

Just to confirm... thread lock was used and the screw didn't back out before the damage occurred?

yup, thread locker in place, had to heat the screw to get it out. seen another guy on Facebook that also broke one, we got them from same batch.

shot a few emails back and forth with someone at m2c today. they will be redesigning the center brace and to look for it in a few weeks.

shot a few emails back and forth with someone at m2c today. they will be redesigning the center brace and to look for it in a few weeks.

Interesting. Curious to see what changes will be put in place. If you hear of any updates please let us know.

Interesting. Curious to see what changes will be put in place. If you hear of any updates please let us know.

deffinately will. Amain allowed me to return the broken one so I'm not out $30. Just hope my chassis holds up until then. Even with the m2c brace being broke at the center diff, it still gave more chassis support than the stock braces :unsure:

Recent Popular Liked

Back