• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

M2C 6905 Center Brace on MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
Tower Hobbies no longer shows my MT410 order status as back-order, today it changed to "in-stock". Dam right am gonna call tomorrow and see . . . 0to say that am anxiously waiting would be a gross under statement (almost biting my nails). I've order the m2c 6760 tekno upper shock tower support and the new tekno 6971 rear shock tower support v.3.
I also spoke with somebody at m2c earlier today and asked them if their 6905 tekno center brace would work with the other two installed. He said that the issue was the size of the electronics and it may or may not fit. I asked him if he knew if it would fit with a Monster X ESC and 1515-2200 kv motor. He didn't know. Does anyone have this config with a m2c center brace installed? Did it clear the electronics?
Thanks bros . . .

Last edited:
Ya it fits but not too much room to spare.
2019-07-26 20.18.59.jpg

The m2c brace actually clears a smaller pinion on the motor than the stock plastic brace. Servo can be a bit tight, I never had a problem running that same Castle combo.

IMG_2204.JPG

thanks for the info ! ! ! much appreciated. I'll order it as soon as they get it in . . . btw great minds think alike mine servo is still in the box, hoping MT410 gets here next week. BTW - I got the trenchers and they seem freakin enormous (not that I have much experience) what are you running? and you think the trenchers too heavy for the MT410? THANK bro.

Attachments

• 20200623_232712.png
    20200623_232712.png
    724 KB · Views: 383
My basher is a buggy with an SCT body and buggy wheels.

The growing consensus for MT/ET wheels is that the lighter the better. There is more than enough air control to not need large heavy tires. The closer to stock Truggy wheels the better, hence popular choices are Backflips LP/4s (as opposed to larger 6s version) and regular Badlands 3.8 (not the supersized MX).

On the other hand, if your objective is to backflip as many times as possible, then larger tires are perfect.

my first tendency were the badlands, I may end up getting a set of those later . . . thanks for feedback!

Big tires scare me when it comes to breaking things on the drivetrain. So I went with the original badlands 3.8. They are on the small side but they have been great tires no problems. I want a new set of tires something a little bigger but haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.

That center brace is a squeeze for sure but I think its actuallybetter then the 6905 brace. Alot beefier. I had to file down the washers on my servo a bit but it did fit in the end.
20200625_214737.jpg

That center brace is a squeeze for sure but I think its actuallybetter then the 6905 brace. Alot beefier. I had to file down the washers on my servo a bit but it did fit in the end. View attachment 5045
M2c 6835 is the brace im using. Thats the brace I though you were referring to. 6905 has been sold out for a long time.

got the proline 3.8 trenchers in yesterday and they make the arrma dboots fortress look like little bitty tires. No way I put these on the granite. I now see the problem with these tires and the drive train! Trenchers will be strictly for the MT410 and maybe they will even put more stress on the mt410 drive train that I would like. am now thinking the badlands may have been a better choice. More noob mistakes on my part. But at least I avoided some. I'll try the trenchers and hope for the best. the tekno kit was supposed to be delivered yesterday (friday) by 8 pm. No package, hard to love the USPS. My nails are getting shorter and shorter . . .

btw I spoke to somebody at M2C earlier and they said that they would have the 6905 in by July 3rd. They don't do back orders so it's not ordered yet. I'll call them again towards the end of next week and inquire about the differences between the 6835 and 6905. I think they are a very small operation (like tekno) and assigned part numbers in an escalating manner so the 6905 maybe newer. dunno, but will find out.

btw I spoke to somebody at M2C earlier and they said that they would have the 6905 in by July 3rd. They don't do back orders so it's not ordered yet. I'll call them again towards the end of next week and inquire about the differences between the 6835 and 6905. I think they are a very small operation (like tekno) and assigned part numbers in an escalating manner so the 6905 maybe newer. dunno, but will find out.
The 6835 is newer. Its alot beefier as well. If you think you can fit it, I'd go for that one. ?

dude you remind me of me 10 months ago, couldn't wait for it to come. Take your time and enjoy the build, it will be over much too soon and you will enjoy it! btw I got the same set up as you, all of mitch's braces and the monster X with the 1515 combo. It dpes fit but no room to spare. I think the tires may be your issue. I started with the trenchers and I overheated every time. had the motor temp set to 150 degrees and in 20 min of hard bashing it over heated. tried this and that but still overheated. Went to dboots and that has worked out fine. I think the trenchers are too heavy for the 1515 regardless of the pinion gear. I tried three and overheated with them all. am ok now with the dboots and a 14 pinion, may try a 15 with the dboots but I don't need the speed to bash. post later how your trenchers do with the your current set up, curious if you overheat too.

Recent Popular Liked

Back