• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

L3 RC's MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Well I finally got this bad boy built!!

The majority and final parts all arrived Friday afternoon and I started building on Saturday morning around 10.
tekno-1.jpeg

I had started working on the body - a JConcepts Bajr body that I've had laying around for a year or so - on Thursday. I actually finished that on Friday night as I wanted it ready to go the second the rest of the car was built.

tekno-2.JPG

tekno-3.JPG

tekno-4.JPG

I made a few masking errors but overall, for my first fully custom painted body, I am extremely happy. Besides, I can't imagine that it will hold up forever on this thing!

I worked on the vehicle most of the day Saturday and had two little helpers (my 3 and 6 year old boys) with me for much of it. Of course, this added hours to the build but also added a crap ton of smiles and wonderment that I'll always have.

Woke up on Sunday, watched some of the masters, went to church, and then got back to it around noon. By 2, we were tighteningdown the body nuts and it was done!

tekno-5.jpeg

tekno-6.jpeg

tekno-7.jpeg

This thing is an absolutely beast that is so ridiculously fun to drive...

I pulled a ton of flawless backflips off the tiny little plastic skateboard ramps we have and then my 6 year old said, "Hey Dad - do you think it could just flip over without the ramp?"

To which, I responded in a classic "Here..hold my beer" move and stabbed the throttle and watched it flip over effortlessly and flawlessly. His face left stunned as I said, "Here...you try"

Within a minute, not only had he pulled his first standing backflip, he had also pulled his first ever backflip off a ramp and a perfect front flip. Of course, this thing ended on the freshly painted lid that is no longer very shiny but, like I said earlier, I didn't expect it to last on this thing.

The build process was perfectly awesome and downright enjoyable. I will admit that a power drive and hex bits made it more pleasurable, though. The instructions were shockingly perfect and so easy to follow.

The specs:
  • Fully stock and assembled as it came - with the exception of the TKR5253 aluminum servo arm.
  • Hobbywing Max8 combo with the 2200kv 4274 can
  • 4S Hobbystar 8000mah 100c battery
  • 16t mod1 pinion
  • Power HD WP-23KG Waterproof 4.8-6.6V Digital Servo which is surprisingly quick and strong for such a cheap servo
  • Proline Shockwave Tires on F11 wheels
  • Sanwa MX-V RX/TX
After the first run, I am definitely ditching the Sanwa. It's response time is horrendous and even to a backyard basher like me, I can absolutely notice it. It's appeal to me was the waterproof RX but I've already got a sealed Arrma box in the toolbox so I'll probably switch to a Futuba system or possibly another Spektrum system.

Other than that, I just ordered the Tboneracing stunt rear bumper for it and the TBR XV4 front bumper for it. I can tell it's gonna need it.

The verdict so far after running a packthrough it...

Absolutely worth every single penny

The Kraton will probably find itself under the control of my 6 year old quite a bit now. He's loved the thing for a while now and always drives it every chance I give him. He's really darn good behind the wheel of these things.

Last edited:
Looking good, I like the body choice, most I see have pickup bodies, very nice to see something different.

Looking good, I like the body choice, most I see have pickup bodies, very nice to see something different.
Thanks! I felt the same. It’s quite good in self righting too.

I like the “unbreakable” body idea too but most are truck based and I’m not a fan of the overall finish. I’ll probably end up doing a truck next unless I find something else cool that catches my eye

Indeed, I've been tempted by the unbreakable bodies but I'm not a fan of how hard they are to customize. and they are expensive.
I'm not a hardcore basher, but a body that does not break is a tempting thing.

Indeed, I've been tempted by the unbreakable bodies but I'm not a fan of how hard they are to customize. and they are expensive.
I'm not a hardcore basher, but a body that does not break is a tempting thing.

Absolutely. They almost look like a mold made from bed liner. As scratched as the Lexan gets, I still like the shine. There has to be a happy median out there!

I cant wait to get mine going, that body came out sweet how long did it take to paint?

Thanks!! Painting didn’t take that long. Masking took forever!! The hairdryer trick between coats speeds things up a ton. Overall...I’d say maybe 3 hours total once I had the overall concept drawn out

Good lawd, I love this thing more each time
I drive it! I’m definitely ditching the remote though. Absolutely can’t stand the delay.

The majority and final parts all arrived Friday afternoon and I started building on Saturday morning around 10.
View attachment 41

I had started working on the body - a JConcepts Bajr body that I've had laying around for a year or so - on Thursday. I actually finished that on Friday night as I wanted it ready to go the second the rest of the car was built.

View attachment 42
View attachment 43
View attachment 44

I made a few masking errors but overall, for my first fully custom painted body, I am extremely happy. Besides, I can't imagine that it will hold up forever on this thing!

I worked on the vehicle most of the day Saturday and had two little helpers (my 3 and 6 year old boys) with me for much of it. Of course, this added hours to the build but also added a crap ton of smiles and wonderment that I'll always have.

Woke up on Sunday, watched some of the masters, went to church, and then got back to it around noon. By 2, we were tighteningdown the body nuts and it was done!

View attachment 45
View attachment 46
View attachment 47

I pulled a ton of flawless backflips off the tiny little plastic skateboard ramps we have and then my 6 year old said, "Hey Dad - do you think it could just flip over without the ramp?"

To which, I responded in a classic "Here..hold my beer" move and stabbed the throttle and watched it flip over effortlessly and flawlessly. His face left stunned as I said, "Here...you try"

Within a minute, not only had he pulled his first standing backflip, he had also pulled his first ever backflip off a ramp and a perfect front flip. Of course, this thing ended on the freshly painted lid that is no longer very shiny but, like I said earlier, I didn't expect it to last on this thing.

The build process was perfectly awesome and downright enjoyable. I will admit that a power drive and hex bits made it more pleasurable, though. The instructions were shockingly perfect and so easy to follow.

The specs:
  • Fully stock and assembled as it came - with the exception of the TKR5253 aluminum servo arm.
  • 16t mod1 pinion
  • Power HD WP-23KG Waterproof 4.8-6.6V Digital Servo which is surprisingly quick and strong for such a cheap servo
  • Sanwa MX-V RX/TX
After the first run, I am definitely ditching the Sanwa. It's response time is horrendous and even to a backyard basher like me, I can absolutely notice it. It's appeal to me was the waterproof RX but I've already got a sealed Arrma box in the toolbox so I'll probably switch to a Futuba system or possibly another Spektrum system.

Other than that, I just ordered the Tboneracing stunt rear bumper for it and the TBR XV4 front bumper for it. I can tell it's gonna need it.

The Kraton will probably find itself under the control of my 6 year old quite a bit now. He's loved the thing for a while now and always drives it every chance I give him. He's really darn good behind the wheel of these things.
Does theses tires have good grip on loose dirt ?

View attachment 41

View attachment 42
View attachment 43
View attachment 44

View attachment 45
View attachment 46
View attachment 47

The specs:
  • 16t mod1 pinion
  • Sanwa MX-V RX/TX

Love the paint job! Great work!

Awesome paint job and it’s great you got to build this with you kids! Getting them into it early and skyrocketing their mechanical aptitude! Next you’re going find your toaster pulled apart and all over the living room floor lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back