• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Jerry-Rigging a SCT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to take shape , looking forward to seeing the end result.

BTW : I have zeroed in on a good SCT410.3 , host of upgrades, good electrics , so I'll be joining the chorus shortly :)

Starting to take shape , looking forward to seeing the end result.

BTW : I have zeroed in on a good SCT410.3 , host of upgrades, good electrics , so I'll be joining the chorus shortly :)
Sweet!

I have really enjoyed rebuilding this truck. It just oozes quality and attention to detail and attention to durability. I can't wait to get mine on the road finally. So close! LOL

Just so you know, T-Bone Racing sells a front bumper with a lifetime warranty:
https://tboneracing.net/collections...1-tbr-sc-basher2-front-bumper-tekno-rc-sct410

469_1_1024x1024.jpg

It lives! Still need to paint the body...
That Pro4 has got loads of power, gawd it gets off the line hard, even with the battery just off storage charge.

20181130_151658.jpg

Last edited:
Painted and trimmed! Tamiya Light Blue, Racing White, and SpazStix Ultimate Chrome. Tires are 2.1 badlands, slash offset, so a bit taller than a sct tire, and wider than racing wheels. I like it. Still need to drill the body.
20181201_222806.jpg
20181201_222833.jpg
20181201_222857.jpg

Finally got the new mounting posts in. Front fenders will need a bit of trimming...

11095.jpeg

Wow, just read this whole thread. Very Cool. Good Luck with it. I just put a Tekno short course on my list. I have a Slash 4x4 that needs to retire......
I just run that bad boy with a 1/8 setup from Castle. Bash mania

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed my trip! :)

I am on the fence about the tires. The badlands in that last pic are (I think) Stampede/MT tires. The fronts rub bad when I turn the wheels - I will need to butcher the body to make it work. And a Bug without fender flares? Blech....

Or I could do SCT Badlands - which is what is on the car in the body-off pic, post #45. I don't think those rub and need more body trimming, but they don't have the beef...

Humm... choices.

Last edited:
I've been able to dive this truck a few times now. So far, nothing but love... =) I have not had it to a track or jump park, but just general running. The badland MT tires ended up working great with almost no rubbing - only at full lock full throttle, I get a bit of rub. And that Pro4 continues to surprise me with how much power it makes on 2s - no wonder it is the gold standard for 4x4 SCT racing.

Anyway, no new pics or video, just heaps of praise for a great RC!

Jerry

Skate park 1, Tekno 0.

Broke an axle, on a chitty warm up traxxas size jump.

20190201_130149.jpg

But then when I got home, the Mail man brought me a box!
20190201_173250.jpg

Yeah, the Tekno is under there. I am not normally a fan of factory RTR paint, but I've wanted this body from the day it was announced...

So now I have a basher body and a track body.
=)

@Jerry-rigged Nice. Been wanting that body also. How’s the thickness on that? Do you think it’ll be durable? Any modification needed on the mounting holes?

Thickness is nice. Not as thick as the bug, but thicker than my ECX torment or my Hobao SCT.

Mounting holes were spot on. SCT is nice like that, they almost all use the same body spacing.

Dang Tekno. $40 for a set of axles? Anyone got a spare coupon code? Lol

Dang Tekno. $40 for a set of axles? Anyone got a spare coupon code? Lol
It looks like you should just need these. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but it looks like you just sheared threads off, or did you actually break the axle?

That still sucks that something the little and simple is that expensive. I switched mine over to 17mm hexes on my SCT410 as I already had 17mm sct wheels from my Senton.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...6-avR1rSfKTJrYYKhf9Ux6hs2-i5jnIhoCSWEQAvD_BwE

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...Y1lxd2qhaXZerYVwTp9WiFV1SMaLGPIxoCdy4QAvD_BwE

Yar, the axle sheared at the base if the threads. The *70 Axle is what is in the truck now(broke), the *70a is what I plan on installing.

For now I want to leave it 12mm, as I have lots of SCT wheels for bashing, and that set of 12mm 2.2 mt badlands. If they keep breaking, though...

From what I can tell... in post 1 you have a pic of the front stub axle. Looks like it’s a gen 1. When they used 4mm hex nut. I heard there where lots of problems with those. The updated version uses 5mm. That is if you’re still using the originals from those pictures.

Edit: never mind. I didn’t see the post right before this one.

Thanks for the info on the body.

Got the new axles swapped in. Nice to see the extra beef in the "A" axles. Had a surprise- another axle chipped at the CVD pin. Odd. Glad I swapped them all.

Also, I got the Senton body debadged and rebadged. Had to order a whole sticker sheet just to get the green T for the hood.

Bash session planned for lunch tomorrow. With luck, I will see LVC.

Recent Popular Liked

Back