• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Jerry-Rigging a SCT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought a small pile of parts direct from Tekno, on Friday. Monday, I had them in my mail box! Sweet!

I think I have all the parts (minus body) to get this thing running, now I just need an afternoon or two worth of time to do a tear-down and clean up. All I have really done so far is rebuild the shocks, and pull the center diff.

So here’s a funky mod combining the original 410 with the 410.3. It’s done by the NE Tekno team manager. I’ve driven his and another sponsored drivers truck converted to this platform. It’s definitely a different drive, but the chassis roll does help it corner quicker. Anyone who runs this truck knows that it tends to push wide in a corner under power. I personally am happy with my current .3, but I like to learn the hard way and feel the way each adjustment changes the drive of my truck. Just posting this because you now have a lot of the parts to build this experimental rig.

Thanks for the vid, Jeb! I'll check it out when I get home.

Been a slow roll rebuilding my truck - I am still tearing it down. Pretty much only have the front clip re rebuild, and the diffs.

In other news, I've been debating the body choice, Bug vs SCBE - decided last Friday that I would look for a bug body local, and if I could not get it, then order the SCBE body. 3 LHS later, I still had not found a BUG, but they did have a SCBE - the new Tenacity DB. Now, I have been wanting one of these cars since the original SCBE release, but had only seen them in pictures. Almost ordered one a time or two. Now, finally, I got to hold one, and check it out and - nope. In person, it was just not as neat as it looks in pictures. So, off to the internet to order me a Bug body...

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeb
D427968E-2D53-498F-9AD2-5ECE3ECDF614.jpeg
Thanks for the vid, Jeb! I'll check it out when I get home.

Been a slow roll rebuilding my truck - I am still tearing it down. Pretty much only have the front clip re rebuild, and the diffs.

In other news, I've been debating the body choice, Bug vs SCBE - decided last Friday that I would look for a bug body local, and if I could not get it, then order the SCBE body. 3 LHS later, I still had not found a BUG, but they did have a SCBE - the new Tenacity DB. Now, I have been wanting one of these cars sense the original SCBE release, but had only seen them in pictures. Almost ordered one a time or two. Now, finally, I got to hold one, and check it out and - nope. In person, it was just not as neat as it looks in person. So, off to the internet to order me a Bug body...

:)
D427968E-2D53-498F-9AD2-5ECE3ECDF614.jpeg
I fit this proline baja bug body on my Pro 2 short course truck for a while. The wheel base is the same.

Been a slow roll on the rebuild. I've about got all the disassembly done, just the diffs left to rebuild, then clean up about half the plastic parts, and I will be ready to go back togther. What it looks like now:

20180909_161050.jpg

Last edited:
Following along on your adventure.

Having researched more about the various SCT's in the last few months than I care to admit , I am on the lookout for a Tekno as a project here in Oz , so very keen to see how you fair on this one.

LOL-

Nice to see the Arrmaforum crew showing up over here.

Curvin - If you see a deal on one, grab it! I don't think you will regret it.

This past weekend I rebuilt the diffs, and finished scrubbing all the plastic parts. Finally will be ready to start rebuilding whenever I get some more time...

The diffs were dry. No grease, no old oil, just a light film of oil on the shims, and a bit of old black grease in the corners of the cross-pin slots (only in one diff). Really clean though? It looked like the PO had cleaned the diffs and then just forgot to fill them. Odd. The rest of the truck looked like it had not been cleaned in a dozen runs. Everything in the diffs still looked good, though. Gears had no shark tooth or excessive wear. Just odd.

Going back together, I put 125k in the center. I only have 125k,10k,5k at the house, but wanted something between the 10k and 125k for the front and rear. My solution - filled them half up with 10k, then a 15-count squeeze of the 125k, then top off with 10k. Hopefully it landed around 30k-50k... LOL.

Todays "Impressed with Tekno" notes - the diff cross pins are keyed to the slots in the diff case, so they can only go up or down. No more hunting to get the cut out in the two pins to line up right. :Thumbsup:

Also, got a full set of Avid bearings in the mail last week, so I am rebuilding with new bearings. I have not seen any of the old bearings fail, but hey, why not? A few of the old bearings were a bit crunchy, I'll clean them up, and then have a full set of spares...

@Jerry-rigged ,

Ha , its feeling like a bit of a reunion thread, I also spotted a familar name from the DHK Hunter threads at RC Groups.. :)

I have an eye out , a few Durangos's popped up which I was weighing up, but the saddle pack battery array put me off as well some other oddities, the Tekno however just ticks all the boxes.

Looking forward to reading your updates

LOL-

Nice to see the Arrmaforum crew showing up over here.

Curvin - If you see a deal on one, grab it! I don't think you will regret it.

This past weekend I rebuilt the diffs, and finished scrubbing all the plastic parts. Finally will be ready to start rebuilding whenever I get some more time...

The diffs were dry. No grease, no old oil, just a light film of oil on the shims, and a bit of old black grease in the corners of the cross-pin slots (only in one diff). Really clean though? It looked like the PO had cleaned the diffs and then just forgot to fill them. Odd. The rest of the truck looked like it had not been cleaned in a dozen runs. Everything in the diffs still looked good, though. Gears had no shark tooth or excessive wear. Just odd.

Going back together, I put 125k in the center. I only have 125k,10k,5k at the house, but wanted something between the 10k and 125k for the front and rear. My solution - filled them half up with 10k, then a 15-count squeeze of the 125k, then top off with 10k. Hopefully it landed around 30k-50k... LOL.

Todays "Impressed with Tekno" notes - the diff cross pins are keyed to the slots in the diff case, so they can only go up or down. No more hunting to get the cut out in the two pins to line up right. :Thumbsup:

Also, got a full set of Avid bearings in the mail last week, so I am rebuilding with new bearings. I have not seen any of the old bearings fail, but hey, why not? A few of the old bearings were a bit crunchy, I'll clean them up, and then have a full set of spares...
I built mine with 15,15,10. Then dropped to 7,7,5. Now that I’m a bit more acquainted with the truck I’m at 10,10,7. I run primarily on a really loose track and this set up runs good for me. Coming from a 2wd background I like the tail whip, but some run 10,10,10 and it takes a lot of the whip out.

Yea, I realize I may be way high on all my fluids. I do run 10k-125k-10k in my Arrma's, but they are 4s. With this truck being a 2s runner (planned, anyways) I may not need that thick of diff oils. Well, I'll try it, and adjust as needed later.

Hey Jerry,

Any more progress ?

An EB48SL Roller popped up which was tempting, but I stayed in a holding pattern for an SCT410.

No more progress for me. Birthday season around my house is taking all my spare time these days. I did get my Proline Bug body delivered, and my little girl got a first coat of mask painted on it., but that is the only "Progress"

RE: the EB48SL - AFAIK - the EB48SL is basically a SCT410 with 17mm hexes and a buggy body. (I am sure someone else here can point out the exact differences). If used Teknos are rare around you, and they are offering a good deal, it may be worth another look. Budget for new body mounts and your favorite body, and make it your own.

RE: the EB48SL - AFAIK - the EB48SL is basically a SCT410 with 17mm hexes and a buggy body. (I am sure someone else here can point out the exact differences). If used Teknos are rare around you, and they are offering a good deal, it may be worth another look. Budget for new body mounts and your favorite body, and make it your own.

Yep, that is pretty much all the difference from what I can make out , 12mm Hex on the SCT, 17mm on the EB , , not sure on body mounts. Things is I have a stack of wheels/tyres for 12mm hex in the corrrect offset for the Tekno SCT which can be put to good use.

I am not in a hurry, I have enough to navigate with the other 2 atm which will remain nameless here , both needed TX replacement within a week and I now have a surplus of good servos I bought as replacments when I thought both had issues with servos , LOL

I digress

Slowest build ever. But it is finally starting to look like a car again...

View attachment 1644
Coming along nicely. Are you still planning on running the Tekin motor, HW ESC and servo that you got with the car or are you thinking of going with something else?

Tekin motor, yes. Servo, maybe. It is in my m.rage now... along with the HW esc. Lol. I did get a MM2 for the sct410.

I did buy some 3s batteries, and now am kind of thinking of getting a 3000kv motor to make a 3s runner, but not sure if I will or not. Or maybe drop my Arrma blx185 system in it. Who knows. But the tekin to start, i think.

I did get a bit more time to turn screws. Got it to Done Roller status. One minor issue - the .3 front bumper does not have the skid molded in like the .1, and those 2 chassis screw holes were not countersinked. Could not find my countersink bit, so that still needs to be done... also got another coat of liquid mask on the body... starting to feel like progress...

20181116_202815.jpg
20181116_202755.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back