• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Jerry-Rigging a SCT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunch bash. Ran the SCT410 and my Granite 4x4. Still no LVC to be found.

Posting this for a side conversation...?

Pic for reference. These are the rear arms from a Tekno SCT410, Attma Typhon, and a Hobao SC10E. The steering hubs are from the Arrma and the Hobao.

Note that the Hobao/Ofna truck is considered to have "good" durability. Not a tank, but not poor. Next to the Arrma and Tekno, it looks frail.
Screenshot_20191028-073805_Gallery.jpg

Skate park 1, Tekno 0.

Broke an axle, on a chitty warm up traxxas size jump.

But then when I got home, the Mail man brought me a box!

Yeah, the Tekno is under there. I am not normally a fan of factory RTR paint, but I've wanted this body from the day it was announced...

So now I have a basher body and a track body.
=)
hello, i know this is an old post, but does the arrma body fit straight onto the body posts with the pre drilled holes? I really like this paint job as well for an RTR.

hello, i know this is an old post, but does the arrma body fit straight onto the body posts with the pre drilled holes? I really like this paint job as well for an RTR.
Sorry for the late reply-

Yes, the Arrma body dropped on / no mod fit the SCT410 body posts. My Hobao SCT body and my ECX SCT body also fit, and the bug body is made for the Slash SCT, and I drilled it on the guide dimples - so it seems to me most SCT's use a "Standard" body mounting position.

Howdy Gang!

I finally joined the Tekno family, with a well used SCT410. I got this truck real cheap, and it will be kind of a restoration, as much as anything. I am not sure if it is a .1 or a .3 It did come with a Tekin Pro4 motor, a HW "JustStock" ESC (Will that tiny ESC run that Pro4?), a servo (off brand, but supposed to be great?), and a box of used tires (mixed SCT and Truggy) for $200. No body, one corner is missing the hex/pin/cvd pin, and there is a bit of surfice rust on lots of screws, and most of the outdrives/dogbones. Front right arm (same one missing the hex) has a bad creak and is binding a bit. 2 shocks leaking, and no shock boots. And a broke front bumper. So yeah, this will be a project. :)

To-Do:
  • Full tear down and cleaning, look for more problems.
  • Find binding in front arm
  • Rebuild shocks, probably need to get me some AE green slime.
  • Front bumper - new stock bumper, or TBR or ?
  • CDV rebuild kit.
  • New wheel Hex kit.
  • Body - Bug? or SCBE? Doubtful I will get a SCT body.

Maybe do:
  • ESC - will this JustStock ESC be able to survive powering a Pro4 4800 motor? I worry about this. Maybe ESC swap.
  • Motor - Maybe throw my BLX185 combo in there and run on 4s?
Any tips, advice, and silly comments are welcome!

Jerry

View attachment 1217
View attachment 1214
View attachment 1215
View attachment 1216
Also check the motor bearings, a rebuild is simple.

Recent Popular Liked

Back