• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How will you power your truggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order for a Tekin RSX and a Tekin T-250 Speed Servo. But what motor to buy is a hard one. The lit on the RSX say 2 pole modified racing, While the Pro2 says use the RX8 which we all know won't fit. I'm going completely Tekin on this build.

I placed an order for a Tekin RSX and a Tekin T-250 Speed Servo. But what motor to buy is a hard one. The lit on the RSX say 2 pole modified racing, While the Pro2 says use the RX8 which we all know won't fit. I'm going completely Tekin on this build.
Yep, exactly. I'm just trying to build a truck that is fast but also reliable. So I want to make sure the RSX can handle a 4 pole before I drop the $ on one

We've been running the RSX with the Pro2 and Pro4 motors since we started testing, zero issues. I don't even run a fan on my esc.
Great. That was what I've been holding out to hear. Thank you for answering all of my questions (on both forums). Always a big help.

Well I pondered a while about it and now I decided to not hold back and ordered what I need for this truggy.
So far for electronics this is what I got going in it now;
ESC: Orion R10 (already had this in an EB410 going to play musical ESCs)
Motor: Tekin Pro4 4600kv
Servo: Protek 130t

I had the 150t in my cart the other day because it was on clearance (@ amain) and only $5 more than the 130T. Due to me hesitating on pressing that "confirm" button they sold out while I waited and now its no longer available there :(. Looks like it was replaced with a newer version so they can charge more I suppose.

Reality said to me...I am not going to be racing this one...its all for fun so lets make it a beast!

Sounds like a great set-up. I still need a servo (prob goin with Savox) and wheels/tires and I'll have everything I need. Probably going with electrons or positrons, since they do well on my 22 4.0SR.

We've been running the RSX with the Pro2 and Pro4 motors since we started testing, zero issues. I don't even run a fan on my esc.
Wow thanks! That is very good to hear. I run a Pro4 4600 in my SCT410. I'll go with the Pro2 5100.

Got some AE wheels, Positrons and a 16t pinion last night. Just need a servo and I will have all of the parts ready to go, for when this thing arrives. Getting excited.

I am puzzled as to why folks are saying 10.5T motors are the go to for our trucks. I mean even Tekno Recommends 4000-4600, Pro2 5100s, and 6.5T-8.5T. I'm curious who says what "spec" is anyway? I'd just like to see the class be more open than just another step of the same 17.5 buggy, 13.5 buggy

SDRC is listing the 10.5 as their spec class for the trucks. Which they said is for drivers who don't want a ridiculous fast motor in them. I assume since the truck was primarily R&D'ed there, that it was just something they decided on. But then you can still do an open class with it and run whatever motor you want. Our track is just going to run an open class for them. I checked with him before deciding on my motor. So I wouldn't say 10.5 is the 'go to' as much as it was just something that was decided on for those not wanting to have to deal with crazy power like 6.5t or Pro4 etc. The open class will have the motors that you referenced (from Tekno's site), which to me will be way more fun. I enjoy 17.5 2wd buggy but for a 4wd truggy, I want would rather run the high-powered motors.

our local group is sticking on a 10.5 from what I hear.
Interesting. Seeing as how the Pro-4 motor seems really manageable in this truck, I feel like the 10.5 would be boring, for a truggy. I like 17.5 buggy because 2wd buggy is all about momentum etc. But to me, a 4wd truggy should be about big power etc, so I would have no interest in a 10.5. But that is just me.

Ok. Couple guys have the 10.5 in theirs. We are switching to 6.5/7.5 not 8.5 I’m thinking. 10.5 is wicked slow.

Last edited:
Ok. Couple guys have the 10.5 in theirs. We are switching to 6.5/8.5 I’m thinking. 10.5 is wicked slow.
I think it'll be great with what you have in mind. Let me know how it goes.

Sounds like a few are swapping to the EB410 spur gear to run the 10.5 Stock class and open up gear selections due to the tight fitment... Anyone else trying that? Are the gears holding up with the extra mass?

I want to stick to what the other local guys are doing and if it grows enough to jump to Mod then i'm in.

Matt, I have been reading of guys doing this, And I run all Tekin; naturally I plan to put an RSX into my ET410.
My question is are you running with the sensor wire or sensor-less? I saw a few posts online that were mixed back and fourth on this. And admittedly; I got confused some.
Thanks for the help and being active on the forums... Tekno Rocks and it's all i have anymore.

Matt, I have been reading of guys doing this, And I run all Tekin; naturally I plan to put an RSX into my ET410.
My question is are you running with the sensor wire or sensor-less? I saw a few posts online that were mixed back and fourth on this. And admittedly; I got confused some.
Thanks for the help and being active on the forums... Tekno Rocks and it's all i have anymore.
Always sensored :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back