• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How will you power your truggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJH387

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
So for anyone who may be interested in the ET410, what is your plan to power the truggy? Obviously I don't know of a class to run it yet, locally, so it is tough to say. But even so, I guess you could go 13.5, right? But I don't think I'd want to run a spec class with this thing anyways. So would be the best set-up? Just the same motors that a mod EB410 would run or is there a better route, given the larger tires etc that come with the truggy vs the buggy? I am thinking how in 1/8 most of the truggy motor set-ups are like 2200kv but the buggies are usually something like 1900kv. So I just would like to better understand what will / will not work for this truck.

Seems like a SCT power system would work very nicely in this car. Maybe a the older generation 2-pole SCT motors to keep the silly torque down. I don't see that for racing, you would need a 550 4 pole.

Wonder if even the 2s set-up like I have in my SL will work? HW SCT Pro w/ 4300kv.

I would imagine a 540 is what will fit and it have a layout like an EB410.

Kind of doubt it will take stick packs like the SL. The SL platform is based on a lightened 1/8 scale platform, same as the SCT410.3.

Betting this is another "true" 1/10 scale vehicle like the EB410.

I would imagine a 540 is what will fit and it have a layout like an EB410.

Kind of doubt it will take stick packs like the SL. The SL platform is based on a lightened 1/8 scale platform, same as the SCT410.3.

Betting this is another "true" 1/10 scale vehicle like the EB410.
Ya, I figured I would be using a 2s shorty pack, unlike the SL. But otherwise, I wonder if the esc and motor will be similar? I just want to run a good mod motor in it. I don't have much interest in 13.5.

I asked Matthew from Tekno and here is some info on his response for anyone interested.

I thought the Pro2 motor felt the best. Plenty of top speed, the bottom end was really smooth, lots of midrange power. I'm not sure what Mason had as far as ESC settings on his RSX but it worked well with the motor. After that I like the 2-pole motors, then the Pro4. The smoothness of the 2-pole on the bottom end is really good for racing. The torque of the 4-pole is nice as well though, zero run-up to clear jumps is always nice. None of ran a fan on the ESC, Matt and I have to run fans on our motors. The 4-pole motors don't need a fan. I think the optimum motor for racing will be the Pro2. Smoother than the Pro4 and no fan needed.

If a track were to do a "spec" class, I could see maybe a 10.5 or 8.5 motor, but honestly I think it should just be an open class. It's way more fun to drive these truggies hard like the 8th scale ones.

So I think I am just going to get the combo Tekin RSX with the 6.5T motor($299). I think that will be best for me.

I’m running a 6.5 in the buggy so I’ll probably go with a 5.5 and run a fan! We have a lot of excitement at the local track over this!

Any thought to try the Pro2 or Pro4 (4-pole) motors? The more I think about it, it might be nice to go with the bigger can motor and no worry about heat. And just have plenty of power.

So for anyone who may be interested in the ET410, what is your plan to power the truggy? Obviously I don't know of a class to run it yet, locally, so it is tough to say. But even so, I guess you could go 13.5, right? But I don't think I'd want to run a spec class with this thing anyways. So would be the best set-up? Just the same motors that a mod EB410 would run or is there a better route, given the larger tires etc that come with the truggy vs the buggy? I am thinking how in 1/8 most of the truggy motor set-ups are like 2200kv but the buggies are usually something like 1900kv. So I just would like to better understand what will / will not work for this truck.

By the time it gets released probably a warp drive powered by antimatter batteries.

It's out as of today, brother. Check Teknos website.
et410_04221.jpg

Just ordered mine. Now just need to decide how I want to set it up lol.

I am probably going with a 5.5t motor since I have a Tekin RS pro sitting around not being used atm. The ESC has been waiting for a home for a minute now anyways.

I am probably going with a 5.5t motor since I have a Tekin RS pro sitting around not being used atm. The ESC has been waiting for a home for a minute now anyways.
There you go. Should be perfect.

I actually just bought a Tekin RSX esc. So now I will decide if I was a 6.5t or 5.5t Redline motor, then I'll be good to go too.

.....or Pro4. I'm just nervous to pair a 4pole to the RSX, unless someone has experience w it.

I sent the question to Tekin about running a pro2 with my RS Pro and they said the only reason it wouldn't be the best idea was because it didn't have heat sink fins on it and it would probably over heat after a short period of time due to that and not having a fan. But I just found out that the Team orion R10 (in my EB410) can run 2 or 4 pole motors...I think I may end up getting the Pro2 4100kv now!

I will just swap ESC's and....
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
There you go. Sounds good.

I sent them an email and asked if I would have any issues running a 4-pole with my RSX. So I'll see what they say. If it's a risk, I'll just get a Redline 6.5t, I guess.

The manual says only 540 or 540 sized 4-pole cans. Since it is the same chassis layout as the eb410 the longer cans will not fit. The Pro2 and Pro4 (not HD) are both shorter cans and dimension wise will fit.

The manual says only 540 or 540 sized 4-pole cans. Since it is the same chassis layout as the eb410 the longer cans will not fit. The Pro2 and Pro4 (not HD) are both shorter cans and dimension wise will fit.
Ya I know that can will fit in the truck, as far as dimensions. My question was more if pairing those motors with the RSX esc is ok. Tekin shows the Pro-4 and Pro2 motors suggested to be paired with the RX8 esc, not the RSX. And obviously the RX8 esc is too big to fit the ET410 chassis (plus I already bought the RSX)

Recent Popular Liked

Back