• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Power cut out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshering

Reaction score
I run my MT410 with the Spektrum firma smart 150 amp esc combined with a 4074 2050kv brushless motor. I’m running it with two 2s ID Traxxas lipo totaling 4s. The esc just keeps switching itself off in the middle of the run and sometimes turns back on by itself. I’ve checked all the connection and made sure they’re all nice and snug. Nor is the esc or motor overheating. I just can’t work out why it’s cutting out like that? Any ideas and remedies will be highly appreciated.

Try different batteries. Some batteries will trip lvc under a long pull of the throttle and then voltage raises after being stopped. It’s worth checking battery voltage right after it happens to see if this is the issue or tape voltage testers on during a run and if they beep you know it’s a battery issue.

On/off switches can be suspect. You could try removing it to see if the problem goes away.

Do you have another (similar) rig that can run those batteries? Or another set of batteries available to try? I don't remember if I lost steering when it happened to me but, having old or inadequate batteries can cause the esc to shut down momentarily under a hard pull of the throttle. Mine would cut out for a second, then come back on..turned out it was old batteries that just couldn't keep up (severe voltage sag) with the demand of the motor.. they were nearly 10 year old lipos, but it does happen.

I run my MT410 with the Spektrum firma smart 150 amp esc combined with a 4074 2050kv brushless motor. I’m running it with two 2s ID Traxxas lipo totaling 4s. The esc just keeps switching itself off in the middle of the run and sometimes turns back on by itself. I’ve checked all the connection and made sure they’re all nice and snug. Nor is the esc or motor overheating. I just can’t work out why it’s cutting out like that? Any ideas and remedies will be highly appreciated.
I have the same problem with my 8S Kraton. I believe it is due to battery "droop". As others here have said, it is likely the batteries. I like running these cheap monitors to tell me what's up. They are very easy to set and use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VNW4MXL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm having this situation myself on my tekno mt410. I'm running a max8 150 amp esc on a rocket 4092 1420kv motor on 6s. and after running for 10 minutes it shuts off ? But I have steering then after 2 minutes it starts back up when I give it throttle then it goes off again. It's weird cause nothing is hot when touched. So I hope I find my answer through this thread.

I'm having this situation myself on my tekno mt410. I'm running a max8 150 amp esc on a rocket 4092 1420kv motor on 6s. and after running for 10 minutes it shuts off ? But I have steering then after 2 minutes it starts back up when I give it throttle then it goes off again. It's weird cause nothing is hot when touched. So I hope I find my answer through this thread.
I wonder, if you were to hook up a couple low voltage alarms, you might be able to find out if it's voltage sag? I don't know much about the alarms or how quickly they respond and sound off.

Recent Popular Liked

Back