• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Hobbywing XR8 Plus Power Button

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze309

Reaction score
Where are you guy's placing the power button on your buggy? Seems the XR8 button is a bit bigger then the pro and I can't find anywhere to put it.

Attachments

• 16236136668966050049610116745471.jpg
    16236136668966050049610116745471.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 363
I had to run my over to the other side of my ET48 2.0 to find a good spot. Was a super tight stretch but it works.

Power button Location.jpg

Other side of the buggy behind the battery tray. The cable is made to measure!

Around 0:55ish in the video here:

Other side of the buggy behind the battery tray. The cable is made to measure!

Around 0:55ish in the video here:

Is there any concern about the heat from the motor and the wire running under it? Maybe I should put some heatshrink wrap on it.

Is there any concern about the heat from the motor and the wire running under it? Maybe I should put some heatshrink wrap on it.
Was always fine for me, but depends on the heat output of your motor I guess. Some heatshrink wrap wont hurt as an added precaution I guess ;)

No issue from heat but what can happen is that when the body flexes it can make the motor pinch the wire, eventually resulting in damage. Adding some heat shrink and keeping an eye on it would be a good idea when running the wire that route.

It took a long time for it to happen but eventually what I described above is exactly what happened to me a while back.

You don't want to route it to behind the battery box without lengthening. I wouldn't even bother wrapping it tbh.

Chassis flex will soon wear it down, as will dirt or sand from astro getting around the cable and rubbing on the can.

It isn't long enough to not get under the can, at least not on my unit

i just stuck it to the plastic sideguard with some quality double sided tape..had no issues till know

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_221232.jpg
    IMG_20210718_221232.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 288

Recent Popular Liked

Back