• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Removing hobbywing power switch and still enter calibration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My friends hobbywing esc (I think it's an max10 sct) works fine but will not enter calibration mode and we suspect the button is defective.

The switch has 4 wires in total, and I believe 2 of them is for the set button i would assume?

If we snip the set button wires would touching them together be enough to enter calibration mode or is there something else going inside od that electronic switch housing I don't knkw about?

If it's anything like their old ESCs with the setup button on the ESC itself, then yes it would be possible to touch the wires together to act as a momentary switch. I used a set of tweezers for making contact on an old EZRun ESC with worn out button.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/col...oducts/electronic-power-switch-1-10th-car-esc
1655830583480.png

I'm not sure about opening up the Max10 SCT ESC to have a look inside. The last waterproof ESC that I tried getting into was the EZRun WP-SC8... that sucker was glued/sealed shut real good. I wanted to replace the caps on it, but was a no go. I just put external caps on and was all good.

If you think the setup button is just worn out, perhaps you could splice the wires onto a new switch (pictured in above post).

Recent Popular Liked

Back