• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Flipping the diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg

Reaction score
I’ve seen some people talking about flipping the diffs and reversing the motor. What does this do and has anyone hear tried it?

Assuming you are talking about reversing motor rotation I would think no differnce. You would most likely need to program properly.

Last edited:
I believe they are talking about putting the diffs in backwards then reversing the motor. That way everything would be going in the same direction.

I'll reverse diff output cups to get more use out of them..hmm, maybe just do a complete swap of complete diffs front to rear instead, then reverse motor rotation? Thanks, I just might try that next time.

One response I remember was, "because the EB guys are doing it." 🤷‍♂️ 😁That meant nothing to me. Another response was...

1695770856195.png

Thanks, I also saw people saying the buggy guys were doing it for traction. But I didn't understand how it actually worked. The post you shared from fat500 helps. Maybe I will try it later this year, have some other tweaks I'm trying at the moment.

I would think if it works on buggies, why not truggies too? Basically the same rig in bigger form? Interesting, I may actually try this. I have a half dozen 1/8 truggies and an old Xray XB8 that's been converted to electric..

Some of our top drivers flip the diffs on their electric EB/ET48's to match the NB/NT48's orientation. They have said it help with traction. The motor is effectively trying to twist the chassis one direction or the other depending on which way it's spinning. It's either pushing the left side down and pulling the right side up or the opposite of that. I have tested this and I'm just not good enough to notice the difference.
One thing I will say about it - if you race both nitro and electric it can be a good idea to flip the diffs in the electric to match the nitro orientation. This way all of your cars will have the ring gear on the same side and you never run the risk of installing anything backwards.

Recent Popular Liked

Back