• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sound issue from diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleksandr

Reaction score
I suffered with the front diff, more precisely with the gap in the bulkhead. According to the manual, it is recommended to first install without shims, then to the side of the gear, then to the other.
My diff goes left and right without the shims.
If the washer is on the side of the gear, then the gap is too tight, on the other side it is too big. As a result, it got up with 2 shims on different sides. Another moment with the tightening of the diff itself, this is only with the front diff, on 99% of the circumference of the gear the gap is the same, good, uniform, but opposite one screw it is slightly denser, it is felt during rotation, as if biting. I didn’t do anything, tightened it a bunch of times as evenly as possible, even put a diff without this screw to check, it didn’t help. Left it like that, it should roll.
At the same time, the rear assembled perfectly, without washers and with a good clearance
also, when turning the hex, the sound from the diffs is louder than when turning the cup of the center diff.
Actually, the question is, it's ok for the diffs? Also, is this sound normal? seems too loud, video attached

That sounds normal to me. I had a couple of kits with a diff ring gear "high spot". Just as you described. They all worked themselves out after a few runs... to get "broken in" if you will.

That sounds normal to me. I had a couple of kits with a diff ring gear "high spot". Just as you described. They all worked themselves out after a few runs... to get "broken in" if you will.
Thanks for your help, what do you think about this gear mesh?

Recent Popular Liked

Back