• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

M2c wide chassis issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tekno_craze

Reaction score
hi guys, sorry to make another post..... I'm just curious about an issue I seem to be having with my m2c wide chassis. I was installing all the components onto my chassis today and noticed that the plastic bracket that houses the servo and the receiver does not line up with the holes on the chassis at all. When i compared the bottom of my chassis to the one mitch has in his video, it looks like my mounting holes are off a bit and it seems I am missing a couple of screw holes. Can anyone chime in on this? Anyone having a similar issue. I contacted mitch and he's going to check with a chassis he has in-house, I'm not sure he exactly understood my issue as i was explaining it.... I attached some images so that you guys can see what i mean. Thanks again everyone!!
img_0805-jpg.6448
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 821
Here’s what the bottom of my chassis looks like. It looks like yours is missing two holes ?

8946A0C8-BA37-4B98-9181-413028285BFD.jpeg

That’s a bummer, but at least it’s solved.
Did mitch or m2c ever get back to you?

That’s a bummer, but at least it’s solved.
Did mitch or m2c ever get back to you?
Yeah he said there was a bad batch and he’s glad I brought it to his attention. I went through about 4 bits trying to drill through it haha

Is Mitch going to send you a proper one for the trouble? I would ask him, as those chassis' are near-as-makes-no-difference about half the cost of the entire kit alone!

Is Mitch going to send you a proper one for the trouble? I would ask him, as those chassis' are near-as-makes-no-difference about half the cost of the entire kit alone!
No go unfortunately :/

I have an issue with my wide body as well, and while searching I came across tis post:

I bought the wide chassis along with a number of other strengthening items with my new MT410 kit that I am assembling this weekend, but when I get to mounting the the front and rear drive assemblies, nothing fits. In the front, the holes are off, enough that I can't get the screws in, and the "bend" in the front of the chassis is actually a little off as well. Whomever put it in the bending machine put it in at an angle so it is a little crooked. As for the back, the rear drive assembly doesn't sit against the chassis at all, since the machines slots are a little off.

I took the stock chassis against the wide body to see what else might be off, and there are a bunch of other holes that are not exactly where they need to be, enough that they would need to be redialed for things to fit.

I have sent an email but I'll have to wait until Monday to see what the best way to resolve it is. I am hoping this is also a bad batch and they are not like this, but if they are, I may just return it and build the MT410 stock.

Anyone else had similar issues?

I have an issue with my wide body as well, and while searching I came across tis post:

I bought the wide chassis along with a number of other strengthening items with my new MT410 kit that I am assembling this weekend, but when I get to mounting the the front and rear drive assemblies, nothing fits. In the front, the holes are off, enough that I can't get the screws in, and the "bend" in the front of the chassis is actually a little off as well. Whomever put it in the bending machine put it in at an angle so it is a little crooked. As for the back, the rear drive assembly doesn't sit against the chassis at all, since the machines slots are a little off.

I took the stock chassis against the wide body to see what else might be off, and there are a bunch of other holes that are not exactly where they need to be, enough that they would need to be redialed for things to fit.

I have sent an email but I'll have to wait until Monday to see what the best way to resolve it is. I am hoping this is also a bad batch and they are not like this, but if they are, I may just return it and build the MT410 stock.

Anyone else had similar issues?
I had heard there were a few more people that experienced this issue, sadly when I got in contact with them I wasn’t given the option to return it or get a new. Just told to drill out and bend the chassis with a vice lol

Wow! My experience was actually quite different. They asked me for a picture to show the problem, and I sent a short video since it was easier to show it than in a picture. He was surprised of the magnitude of the issues (front bent incorrectly, slot location off and a few of the holes not lining up). He was baffled why the slots would be off since there are all done on a CNC machine unless Tekno has changed their kit design, but told me the front is inserted in a bending machine manually so it is possible for it to be off. He asked me for a few hours to check a few things to ensure there were no design changes in the kit, then called me back and said he tried another chassis with the MT410 to ensure it fit perfectly, and that he would send me that one with a return label for the old one.

I just received the replacement yesterday and haven’t finish the build, but so far the new chassis seems fine. I have the stock plastic center diff housing that comes with the MT410, and I had to nudge the “legs” of the diff housing just a little to have the holes line up. Not sure if I could do that with the aluminum upgrade housing that is on order, but the misalignment was minor and frankly it could have been the diff housing that was off a little.

All in all I’m very happy with how they handled this issue and I remain a happy customer!

Wow! My experience was actually quite different. They asked me for a picture to show the problem, and I sent a short video since it was easier to show it than in a picture. He was surprised of the magnitude of the issues (front bent incorrectly, slot location off and a few of the holes not lining up). He was baffled why the slots would be off since there are all done on a CNC machine unless Tekno has changed their kit design, but told me the front is inserted in a bending machine manually so it is possible for it to be off. He asked me for a few hours to check a few things to ensure there were no design changes in the kit, then called me back and said he tried another chassis with the MT410 to ensure it fit perfectly, and that he would send me that one with a return label for the old one.

I just received the replacement yesterday and haven’t finish the build, but so far the new chassis seems fine. I have the stock plastic center diff housing that comes with the MT410, and I had to nudge the “legs” of the diff housing just a little to have the holes line up. Not sure if I could do that with the aluminum upgrade housing that is on order, but the misalignment was minor and frankly it could have been the diff housing that was off a little.

All in all I’m very happy with how they handled this issue and I remain a happy customer!
Hell yeah dude! Glad it all worked out!

Super good look build man! I’d recommend picking up one of the tbone bumpers for the front and throw it on the rear. The rear ones don’t last long at all
Only if T-bone had anything in stock… I picked up the wheelie bar for the rear because this is all they had in stock a couple of weeks ago. Seems pretty solid, but I also haven’t run the truck yet!

Only if T-bone had anything in stock… I picked up the wheelie bar for the rear because this is all they had in stock a couple of weeks ago. Seems pretty solid, but I also haven’t run the truck yet!
It’s pretty solid, the weak link is the stock connection points that it uses, the like cross and plastic bumper spring that connects to the bulkhead. The front bumper uses a plastic mount that hooks into the hinge pin holders

If you're looking for a front bumper from MMM in Germany, contact this guy since he's the poc for USA sales. https://www.mmm-germany.com/shop/tekno/ I believe he still has some in stock even if the website says out of stock. He's on Facebook in Tekno groups. Gary Mangol Jr. from Stow, Ohio. Heard they are coming out with rear bumpers soon.

Recent Popular Liked

Back