• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Grease for diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teknojim23

Reaction score
I'm going to change my diff fluids my question is can I use the horizon marine grease for the O rings, everything that needs grease inside the diff and also outside on the teeth?

Thanks And that will lube the metal gear mesh too well?
No, I recommend using "diff fluids", start with the baseline setup sheet then make adjustments using the following guide:

1710599207100.png

You can use the same grease on the outside of the assembled diffs.

Confusion on OP's question for me. Just follow the manual's greasing and fluid usage points when it comes to diffs. Whether it be blue, black, white, green, or red... anywhere "Grease", or "green slime" is shown in the manual, I use the same grease in those areas.

1710677723235.png

1710678580051.jpeg

After building kits with supplied grease, and then running out of that grease, I've used Maxima blue marine waterproof grease for many, many years. Then switched to green stuff. Then switch to white stuff. Then back to blue stuff... all good. I used to use Lucas Oil Red 'n' Tacky for years, but ran out. I've not seen any ill effects using petroleum based greases on the silicone o-rings.

Recent Popular Liked

Back