• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 tips on minimizing flipping over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somehigherreality

Reaction score
Hey guys

im running an EB48.2 with badlands tires. Currently using it in high bite terrain and grass. It seems my set up likes to flip over on itself a lot. Ive done a few changes to the rear setup but can't seem to get rid of the flipping over problem. It looks like it comes from the high bite at the rear. Any suggestions on how to minimize flipping over whilst maximing steering agility?

Traction roll issues was one the main reasons why I sold my EB48 2.0 and went with a different brand, though I race competitively so addressing the traction rolls would reduce performance.

Since you're just bashing around there are plenty of things you can do as outlined here:
11863849713_05b0b227e8_b.jpg

Hey guys

im running an EB48.2 with badlands tires. Currently using it in high bite terrain and grass. It seems my set up likes to flip over on itself a lot. Ive done a few changes to the rear setup but can't seem to get rid of the flipping over problem. It looks like it comes from the high bite at the rear. Any suggestions on how to minimize flipping over whilst maximing steering agility?
The main reason for this will be the tyres, badlands style tread is very grippy and will bite hard into grass.

That type of tyre is best for loose surfaces like dirt and gravel where you likely won't get enough traction to roll easily.

I would suggest trying some less aggressive tread tyres, look for some with a shallower tread pattern

You could also try using thinner diff oils in the front and rear diffs, if the diffs are too tight then the car will be reluctant to turn easily and will apply too much power sideways, reulting in rollovers. I suggest 10k oil front and 5k rear to start with.

Tires definitely are contributing especially on high bite surface. When I ran a EB48.4 I had the same isssue with proline mx. I went with bowtie style tire and it slid much better on high bite. I am running a kyosho also, I find the wider chassis helps a lot with roll over or tipping. I think the narrower chassis is prone to tip A little more on high bite surface

Can't say traction rolling is any problem for me. Ride height, camber and downstop (droop) is setup-wise the main things IMHO. Ride height is set by pushing down with battery in, settle and then measure. There is always a tiny bit of friction that will get you off a bit if done in other way.
But once you have those right , it is definately tires dependent! Try somethingh else maybe?

Recent Popular Liked

Back