• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 - Sway Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I'm in assembly now, and I'm running the SCT rear arms - TKR5530 and SCT rear hubs - TKR5540B. My question is are you guys running the a rear sway bar? I'm not planning on using a front bar, but I'm not sure about the rear.

Thanks.

s

11863850303_371c40afb4_o.jpg

11863546795_aa155bcb06_o.jpg

I have not raced DB but I would think you want some good articulation in the suspension for the rocky sections. Roll bars will limit the articulation for sure.

I just looked through the AE nomad DB8 manual and it does not use either front or rear sway bars. So maybe try without any or perhaps a very lite bar.

Greetings Bill,

i did see that. On my Nomad DB-8, the RTR version does not come with sway bars, but I ended up getting a set for the RC-8 and did some testing and found that at higher speed, the soft bar in the rear did help the car around the track.

That said, the DB48 is sorta built around the Rock Racer U4 idea, and my thought was to not run any swap bar and allow as much independent suspension travel as possible. Of course, I wanted to check here first for the other people running the DB48 and if they are using a sway bar.

I think I will run without one at first to see what it does.

s

TBuggy,

I think we are on the same page with this. I want the Tekno DB48 to more aggressive driving in rocks. I somewhat baby my Nomad because spare parts are becoming scarce at an alarming rate.

Just to go on record, this Tekno DB-48 is built to eat Rock Reys

Recent Popular Liked

Back