• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

Reaction score
Just ordered the 410.3 and parts to do the DB48 conversion. I wanting to know what most people run in these for electronics? I want to stay on cheaper side but I want something waterproof. Also what's a good size Beadlock wheel and tire for these conversion?

Mine has the hobbystar 4074 2000kv. About $70 after shipping from rc juice on ebay. Hobbywing max8 was my choice of esc. It’s also the eb48.3 not the sct

I bet you could get the hobbywing max10/max10 sct and 3660 size motor in the lowest KV rating(3200) and it would still be really fast. It’s a combo deal and fairly priced. But if the DB is what your building consider a 40mm sized can, 4060,4074,etc. be aware though, a 4074 will have tremendous torque for the sct drivetrain components. 4060 is probably plenty.
Can’t comment on the beadlocks too much but your looking at boo koo bucks, and you’d want 2.2 crawler wheels with 2.2 tires, not short course tires.

Last edited:
I have a 3674 can on mine and like it a lot. It is 4s compatible, has less torque than a 40mm can, but drives cool and is really fast.

There is a reason it is a motor size used by larger manufacturers (e.g. Traxxas).

My 4074 runs on 4S, my 3660 runs 2S & 3S with no heat issues.
3674 sounds like a win.

Recent Popular Liked

Back