• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Charging method of choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulRC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
I am looking at a choice of charging methods for tracks that don't have power readily available. Generator or Power Station. I can get a small generator or there is a good deal right now on a Bluetti EB3A power station rated at 268WH. It's regular $499.00 on sale for $299.00 CAD on Amazon.ca It's not on Amazon.com for some reason??? but I understand it's a deal right from Bluetti so you can order directly from them.

Any thoughts on one or the other. I am just looking for charging batteries. Not compressor. I think that 268WH should be more than enough for days of charging

Thanks

Paul

The majority of people I know who invest in a generator will also run a compressor on it as well. Many guys will bring a marine deep cycle battery to charge their batteries off 12V DC and that seems to work just fine.

I have opted to use an inverter hooked up to my pickup truck, however this is a very inefficient method because it constantly draws power and requires me to start my pickup every 2-3 hours to prevent from over discharging my battery... I've had to get a jump start on occasion if I forget to start my car after 4+ hours. Regardless, the cost/space/hassle of the various methods makes this my preference and it fits nicely under the back seat to always have AC power in a pinch when on the road ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Buywhat-Power-Inverter-Charger-Converter/dp/B07GNGTBDM/

1691423621913.png

The majority of people I know who invest in a generator will also run a compressor on it as well. Many guys will bring a marine deep cycle battery to charge their batteries off 12V DC and that seems to work just fine.

I have opted to use an inverter hooked up to my pickup truck, however this is a very inefficient method because it constantly draws power and requires me to start my pickup every 2-3 hours to prevent from over discharging my battery... I've had to get a jump start on occasion if I forget to start my car after 4+ hours

https://www.amazon.com/Buywhat-Power-Inverter-Charger-Converter/dp/B07GNGTBDM/

View attachment 9714
I have a 400watt outlet in the back of my truck but same issue. Use it for a while and truck doesn't start. I did look at a deep cycle battery and my charger has a DC input which can charge at a higher amperage but I can do both DC and AC from the Bluetti and for 299 it's worth looking at

turning a key to periodically charge your vehicle seems far less obtrusive than having to manually charge and haul extra heavy equipment, just my 2¢

Recent Popular Liked

Back