• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Chainsaws SCT410.3 turned DB410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice indeed:)

A2394FDC-31F0-4886-B808-BF839843A3B4.jpeg
AA30F180-802B-4B18-B126-606012791435.jpeg

Yeah I like the looks. But the main thing I like is that they’re a true 17mm hex. I wasn’t too crazy about running big power on 12mm hexes.

They look great, will have to check how much to get them to UK

Man that wheel and tire combo just looks perfect. You're not helping my itch to build an DB48 at all. :D

Nice wheel and tire combo. Nice there is a dedicated 17mm wheel. What foams did you go with?

Man that wheel and tire combo just looks perfect. You're not helping my itch to build an DB48 at all. :D

Nor me. I want to build one of these Front and Rear IFS buggies in the worst way.

They really don’t balloon too crazy. The run 4s with a 20t pinion. The tires themselves balloon some, but I have closed cell foams in them. These foams won’t expand with the tires like normal stock foams....so it decreases the overall ballooning.

Reactions: Hye
They really don’t balloon too crazy. The run 4s with a 20t pinion. The tires themselves balloon some, but I have closed cell foams in them. These foams won’t expand with the tires like normal stock foams....so it decreases the overall ballooning.
Great build buddy! Watching people race on YouTube I heard mentioned that tekno is interested in this class. Now the question is, build on the sct platform or wait and see if they release it?

@Chainsaw10 any new videos of it running with those new wheels?

Great build buddy! Watching people race on YouTube I heard mentioned that tekno is interested in this class. Now the question is, build on the sct platform or wait and see if they release it?
I’d be surprised if Tekno ever made a db48 kit...but it would be cool! With the eb48.4 arms it’s about an inch too wide if you’d want to compete per their rules. You would need the SC or eb48.3(or lower) arms/knuckles, etc....to get to the 13.5” with that is the max allowed.

@Chainsaw10 any new videos of it running with those new wheels?
Not yet

I’d be surprised if Tekno ever made a db48 kit...but it would be cool! With the eb48.4 arms it’s about an inch too wide if you’d want to compete per their rules. You would need the SC or eb48.3(or lower) arms/knuckles, etc....to get to the 13.5” with that is the max allowed.

Not yet
here is the video where rc network’s Rich said that tekno is interested in producing the db48. The entire video was great but the tekno talk starts at 9:48.

Chainsaw, do you race yours? I wish I was near a track. My family and I would spend a lot of time there.

here is the video where rc network’s Rich said that tekno is interested in producing the db48. The entire video was great but the tekno talk starts at 9:48.

Chainsaw, do you race yours? I wish I was near a track. My family and I would spend a lot of time there.
No I don’t race mine. There are no tracks for these types of trucks anywhere near me.

BDDE2798-D4DF-4BB2-A92B-FB3A71BB0FC9.jpeg
Well I got my Gool motor well over 200 degrees yesterday. It was very hot and humid ....and I ran it very hard for a full pack. I’m going to remove the drivers assembly for the summer, it really restricts airflow. Also I installed a Yeah Racing heatsink with double fan. I made a lexan screen to keep out the debris.

I destroyed an almost brand new Turnigy Graphene 5s lipo about a month ago. Because the outdrive chewed it up. That ain’t gonna happen again.
A1206160-D8D9-46F3-A69F-B271F0EE9849.jpeg
48BF4966-532E-4A87-BC26-72D344A049D5.jpeg

I destroyed an almost brand new Turnigy Graphene 5s lipo about a month ago. Because the outdrive chewed it up. That ain’t gonna happen again.
View attachment 440View attachment 441
I read somewhere (I have read a lot of your posts) that you upgraded the diffs on your sct to 8th scale. Did you have to upgrade the housings as well? Any details would be appreciated. Thank you.

Recent Popular Liked

Back