• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Chainsaws SCT410.3 turned DB410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw10

Stiff member
TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. DB48
Driving Style
Basher
4_EB22_D7_E_8_F8_C_402_D_8_A1_C_636_F5343056_A.jpg

I originally bought a SCT410.3 to try my hand at racing at a local indoor track. As soon as I got it set up the track closed. So I started tinkering ...

The cage body is a Losi scbe. It’s a perfect length for the Short course or Tekno 1/8 buggy.
Currently running with Mamba Monster X, a 2000kv Gool motor, and Savox 1270 Servo
5_AA2645_A_2200_40_CF_B7_B7_8_E89_E8_CEA757.jpg

How does the body mount?

It’s got a hinge at the rear and has to be mounted to the rear shock tower. But it can’t bolt directly to the tower because it has to set a little bit higher to fit properly. . You need to attach kydex, aluminum or something similar to the tower then bolt the cage on just a bit above the tower. Let me know if you want more pics, I’ll get some up tomorrow. It definitely took a little work to get it all to set right.
7127_C3_CB_C100_425_A_894_B_AD5_EB7_D776_FF.jpg

Here’s the front. I used an angle piece I chopped off of an old pickup truck bed liner. Ran two bolts from underneath....and I am using the Proline cap screw body clip thingies to hold the front in place
4247_F39_D_09_D2_4715_8_A63_A1_ABBD2_FC5_E1.jpg

5_E1581_FE_AE87_4550_90_E5_D8887_BC99_D10.jpg

Good to see you here buddy

I’ve been watching this development. These look wicked fun. I think Fierce Pete is offering a conversion kit now.

Can’t seem to find it now. Should be a U4RC conversion. I look again tonight.

I also saw on FB that he was planning on releasing a kit that would include everything for the conversion. I don’t think he has it available yet.

. Just to be clear my build
Is quite different. I did not use the truggy chassis. I’m still using the short course chassis. Most guys are using the Nomad DB8 cage, and I’m using a Losi scbe cage.
Also I converted my entire driveline over to eb48.4 parts(driveshafts, universals, arms, spindles, hubs, outdrives, diff pins, rear c and d blocks)....I’m after heavy duty durability. I tend to abuse my trucks a bit:)
I don’t race. It would’ve been cheaper and easier if I started with a eb48.4 but I’m working with what I had. ...and I enjoy tinkering.

The rear piece is bolted to both the kydex sheet and tower, then bolted also to the stock sct bumper(adding a lot of strength)

Close up
3559_D5_BD_09_D4_4_CB3_BF26_E2_A509_EE351_B.jpg

Awesome rig! I like how you did your own spin on it compared to the others I have seen. Especially with the cage, IMO the nomad cage isnt the best looking of the bunch.

Thank you. I had this rig put together months before the rcnetwork guy started the craze with the nomad/truggy length. I also am not all too crazy about the look of the db8 cage. There’s a guy on Facebook who used a Wraith cage. It looks awesome.

Well the hard work paid off, I think it's a better looking vehicle than his. When I start my db build the wraith cage is what I was planning on using. For curiosity sake I'll see how my bomber cage looks as well.

The more i see these caged buggies the more i want one... no more shredded bodies to replace...

Well the hard work paid off, I think it's a better looking vehicle than his. When I start my db build the wraith cage is what I was planning on using. For curiosity sake I'll see how my bomber cage looks as well.
I took a screen shot on FB. Here’s the guys Tekno with the Wraith cage
68FD293D-120F-4EB9-9B55-4838608B9924.png

Ah that rules I miss my Wraith! I had a bronco body for mine too. Would love to see how it mounts...

Can’t seem to find it now. Should be a U4RC conversion. I look again tonight.
Musta misread that. Can’t find it anywhere. Sorry. They are wicked cool just the same.

Recent Popular Liked

Back