• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

best budget transmitter around 100 dollars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colbythenoob

Reaction score
looking to see what are your opinions on some of the best budget transmitters, i like the spektrum dx5cs specs, dont own one but i wanna see your opinions, thanks

I like Futaba, been using them forever.
I have a 3pl but i think it's been replaced by the 3pv

2nd choice would prob be airtronics, then hitec or spektrum

@colbythenoob I highly recommend checking out Futaba just as @RC_User suggests. I've owned several different brands and Futaba is by far my favorite.

You can get the Futaba 3PV for just $140, maybe my second recommendation would be the Spektrum DX5c for about $110.

Sanwa MX-V is around that price, also Futaba 3PV, they are about the same level at that price point.
With Spektrum I've heard a lot of people having interference (Flysky radios were blamed), and range issues.

I know Futaba is considered pretty much the best affordable brand, I use Flysky GT3C and have not had any issues, and that price point is spectacular.

TT

I would have to agree, I think the Futaba 3PV is a really good value and good quality transmitter. My only gripe is that you pay a bit more for their receivers.

I have just picked up a Turnigy GT5 for my crawlers and that is also fantastic for the money ~£55.

I agree as well on the Futaba.
I was using Flysky forever but the difference of switching to Futaba is unmatched.

As far as name brands go in this price range, I would personally only trust Sanwa or Futaba... I've been burned by Spektrum and will never waste my money on them again with intermittent glitching and range issues, even with DSMR!

As far as budget brands go, FkySky started out okay, but after a while my Rx's on dusty 1/8 tracks would start to lose their bind and problem got progressively worse until I needed to rebind every time I turned on the system. I replaced the Rx with a new unit and problem was resolved, but came back within months until having to replace the Rx again. My on-road cars without dust/jumps never had Rx issues but I was done with FlySky at that point.

I have grown to trust Radiolink for a budget system, never had a single glitch, nor range issue nor binding issue, they have stood the test of time with many years of use and I keep them for backup systems to this day :)

Had problems with Spectrum on water in a gas boat so wrote off spektrum and went with Futaba. No issues ever again.

cannot possibly go wrong with Futaba, theyve been around LONG before spektrum existed!
the one thing i do like about spektrum is that their radios are easier to use (talking about multi-channel stuff with screens) and have more updates, however they are (IMO) not as reliable, as other said. i used to have a dx8 and it was much easier navigating the menus and figuring out how to set things than my similar Futaba, however, once you get used to the Futaba way and understand it, it's actually faster and easier to use than Spektrum, just sharper learning curve. kind of the same when I had a Futaba 4pl, the menus are a bit confusing but once you understand them it's super fast to make changes.

The Sanwa MX-V and the Flysky GT5/Turnigy GT5 seem to be good values.

I would have to agree, I think the Futaba 3PV is a really good value and good quality transmitter. My only gripe is that you pay a bit more for their receivers.
This is pretty spot-on. I agree. The 3pv is what I have and I really like everything about it. The receivers are a bit expensive, as mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure all of the compatible receivers are on the big side and have an external antenna. No a big deal, but I always have to plan to run a shorty antenna on my vehicles, which some people don't like.

This is pretty spot-on. I agree. The 3pv is what I have and I really like everything about it. The receivers are a bit expensive, as mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure all of the compatible receivers are on the big side and have an external antenna. No a big deal, but I always have to plan to run a shorty antenna on my vehicles, which some people don't like.

This has to be the worst radio out on the market, I don't want to be negative but pressing a button 7-8 times just to get through the menu c'mon. I had the 3PV then found a used 4PLS thank god hahaha just my opinion.

This has to be the worst radio out on the market, I don't want to be negative but pressing a button 7-8 times just to get through the menu c'mon. I had the 3PV then found a used 4PLS thank god hahaha just my opinion.
4pls is a nicer radio but there is nothing about the 3pv that really bothers me. I like how small it is and how it feels when driving, which is most important to me, not having to press a buttom a few times in a menu. To each their own.

4pls is a nicer radio but there is nothing about the 3pv that really bothers me. I like how small it is and how it feels when driving, which is most important to me, not having to press a button a few times in a menu. To each their own.
Totaly agree, its a great entry lvl radio. My frustration was with the functionality and ease of use you have 27 menu options say you want to adjust EPA you would need to press the scroll button 7-8 times. or press the scroll 27 times to cycle through. not a big deal just annoying imo.

If you want waterproof your field is limited. Could not find Futuba that was. Spectrum is. Also cannot tell difference with the late Spectrum or Futuba. Have one of each. In fact I seem to have an on and off issue with the Future. Not so with Spectrum. All the latest radios out.

Totaly agree, its a great entry lvl radio. My frustration was with the functionality and ease of use you have 27 menu options say you want to adjust EPA you would need to press the scroll button 7-8 times. or press the scroll 27 times to cycle through. not a big deal just annoying imo.
Understandable. For the record I drove my friend's buggy with a 4pls, prior to buying my radio. You can certainly feel the quality on functionality of the 4pls. No question about that. For most people it is a better buy, even at the higher cost. But for me, my main concern is just how it is when driving. And I couldn't get around how much more I liked the 3PV feel when driving. So that was my deciding factor. And it still had telemetry and most functions that I do need.

Recent Popular Liked

Back