• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best transmitter for EB410 / budget around $200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antigacho

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I know that there are several awesome transmitters that connect your brain directly to the car, they include a thousand of features some of then used by NASA on the last mission to Mars but they cost a little fortune and after the purchase of parts for my EB410 building project my budget is limited.

My actual transmitter is the Futaba 3PV but I'm considering a little upgrade for my 4wd buggy intended for club racing
based on my budget these are my options

FUTK4700 ................Futaba 4PV....................................$280
SNW101A31973A.......Sanwa/Airtronics MT-S ..................$200
Sanwa .....................MT-44............................................$255
KO-80561 .................KO Propo EX2................................$200
SPM5000 ..................Spektrum DX5R............................ $250
KYO82138B............... Set Kyosho Syncro Touch..............$240

which one do you prefer?

which one would you choose?

I'm using the Futaba 4PLS which is right under $200.00. Been great for me so far. Only issue with Futaba lately is spare receivers are not easy to source right now for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Of those specifically listed I would probably go with Futaba.

I personally run a Graupner X-8N:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPYZ

It's a tad on the dated side where there is a newer X-8E with nicer features:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=GPNJ2008

What I like most about Graupner is the 2 year warranty and reasonably priced Rx's:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPZB

I know Tower is still recovering from the Hobbico bankruptcy (no thanks to Traxxas) so hopefully they get their inventory back in stock soon!

Another cool feature with Graupner is that they sell matched ESC's which can be programmed directly from the radio without having to hook up a programming card which can be very convenient ;)

Brands that I personally stay away from are:

KO Propo: ran into glitching issues over time, had to re-calibrate every model memory once a month which became a maintenance nightmare
Spektrum: ran into range/glitching issues with line of sight with large jumps blocking antenna, had to hold radio above my head at some track layouts

I have been using the Spectrum DX4S 4-channel radio for a few years and keeping hearing about issues people have but apparently I am really lucky because I don't seem to have any issues to date.

If I was to get a new transmitter/receiver though I think I would go with the Futaba 4PV.

Another vote for the 4pls or spend the extra cash and get the 4pv. I'm guessing the 4pls will be discontinued soon since the new 4pv does everything the 4pls does. $165 shipped at Amain with coupon for the 4pls is a great price. I used to have a 4pl but let it go a couple years ago and regret it now. Using a 3pl and its fine but I miss some of the nice 4pls features. If you do any crawling, especially with 4ws, the 4pls or 4pv are fantastic. I kind of want to "accidentally" break my 3pl to justify getting a 4pls or 4pv!

Of those specifically listed I would probably go with Futaba.

Brands that I personally stay away from are:

KO Propo: ran into glitching issues over time, had to re-calibrate every model memory once a month which became a maintenance nightmare
Spektrum: ran into range/glitching issues with line of sight with large jumps blocking antenna, had to hold radio above my head at some track layouts

taking note of your comments, thanks a lot

Apparently, Futaba has a good reputation overall.
I like the antenna lees receiver included on Sanwa radio systems, but I think I will go for the Futaba 4PV. I just have to find a good deal online,

thanks for the advice

Apparently, Futaba has a good reputation overall.
I like the antenna lees receiver included on Sanwa radio systems, but I think I will go for the Futaba 4PV. I just have to find a good deal online,

thanks for the advice

You cant go wrong with Futaba, they and airtronics (sanwa) have been around forever, they are the pioneers and are always the most reliable and dependable.

there is also an antenna-less receiver for the futaba that will work with the 3pv/4pls/4pv, etc
The "-E" on the end means for electric only (nitros can cause some interference and require an antenna for increased signal reliability)
I used to run this receiver on my Wraith.
s-l500.jpg

let us know if you find a good deal on a 4pv, the best i've seen is $250 shipped at amain with the $30 off coupon... not bad at all.

Last edited:
You cant go wrong with Futaba, they and airtronics (sanwa) have been around forever, they are the pioneers and are always the most reliable and dependable.

there is also an antenna-less receiver for the futaba that will work with the 3pv/4pls/4pv, etc
The "-E" on the end means for electric only (nitros can cause some interference and require an antenna for increased signal reliability)
I used to run this receiver on my Wraith.
s-l500.jpg

let us know if you find a good deal on a 4pv, the best i've seen is $250 shipped at amain with the $30 off coupon... not bad at all.

I have one of those receivers. I will be running it in my ET. I bought the 4PLS used, and it came with this receiver and another I forget the model. I love the wireless setup, I can't tell you how many of those wire tubes I have broken on my nitro due to crashes and ending up on my top. The track I go to near my work had a bit of a steep learning curve when I was starting out back in the hobby after being out for 20 years LOL!

I have one of those receivers. I will be running it in my ET. I bought the 4PLS used, and it came with this receiver and another I forget the model. I love the wireless setup, I can't tell you how many of those wire tubes I have broken on my nitro due to crashes and ending up on my top. The track I go to near my work had a bit of a steep learning curve when I was starting out back in the hobby after being out for 20 years LOL!

totally agree it's worth it just to not needing those dumb antenna tubes any more. i cut my tube down short so it only sticks out a couple of inches and stays under the body, no issues with it then. In fact if you have a good system like Futaba you can just tuck the whole antenna wire down into the box actually, I just used the tube because it was there. I've tucked the entire wire into the box on other rigs with no issue. for my wraith the receiver was exposed in a custom setup so i really wanted the one without the wire, looks clean.

Tower Hobbies is $242 for the 4PV if you are a super saver member.

In fact if you have a good system like Futaba you can just tuck the whole antenna wire down into the box

I did this with my 4PLS and the supplied receiver on my MT410 and I did have some range and line of sight issues with it. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying that I had an issue with it. Maybe my wire was bunched up differently than yours and conflicted. I don't know but I am now adding the tube and running the antenna out of the box.

I did this with my 4PLS and the supplied receiver on my MT410 and I did have some range and line of sight issues with it. Not saying I don't believe you, just saying that I had an issue with it. Maybe my wire was bunched up differently than yours and conflicted. I don't know but I am now adding the tube and running the antenna out of the box.

ah, great deal at tower.. too bad now they hit me with %10 sales tax so tower is a deal breaker for me now after the horizon buy... :-(

with my antenna i routed it around the top of the box, i do believe you that it's possible you might have an issue. maybe the one with no external antenna does have one inside that routes around it. i don't know.

ah, great deal at tower.. too bad now they hit me with %10 sales tax so tower is a deal breaker for me now after the horizon buy... :-(

with my antenna i routed it around the top of the box, i do believe you that it's possible you might have an issue. maybe the one with no external antenna does have one inside that routes around it. i don't know.
LOL forgot about your sales tax post even after I responded to it. I might try that received if I break any of the antenna tubes.

@Chevys10zr2003 Futaba 4pv is out stock by now with my usual suppliers (tower and amain) but I think that tower is a better option if I take advantage of "super saver member" discounts.

I definitely have to invest in one of those antenna-less receivers for my buggy project, and the expenses continue going up. :eek: just when I think that my part list is complete another upgrade is needed.

I already have this (R304SB-E) Futaba receiver installed on my MT410, paired with 3PV Radio, no issues yet

Last edited:
@Chevys10zr2003 Futaba 4pv is out stock by now with my usual suppliers (tower and amain) but I thint that tower is better option if I take advance of "super saver member" discounts.

I definitely have to invest in one of those antenna-less receivers for my buggy project, and the expenses continue going up. :eek: just when I think that my part list is complete another upgrade is needed.

I already this (R304SB-E) Futaba receiver installed on my MT410, paired with 3PV Radio, no issues yet
I know that Tower Hobbies is out of stock of them right now. One of my buddies has been waiting for a 4PV for 3 months now.

Anything Futaba is almost impossible to find right now due to Hobbico's bankruptcy and selling. Hopefully everything goes back to normal soon. Tower Hobbies will most likely be the first place to get them in stock though since they are the North American distributor of them though.

I've always leaned towards Futaba and Sanwa for surface radios. Started with a 2pka and use a 4pls now. They have always been rock solid. Have an Airtronics M8 as well which has held up great. You can never go wrong with a Futaba though.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back