• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Battery Tray Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifti

Reaction score
Anyone with the EB48 2.0 have the max battery tray size please?
Want to see if my Traxxas 4s battery will fit (155x34x45mm).....

The battery tray dimensions are 140x48.5mm. The vertical height is limited only by the body height and the length of the velcro strap.

I can measure that area when I get home later. But I imagine that any typical 4s battery would fit.

Thanks guys - I have a battery with dimensions in the first post - just wanted to know if i could use it in the Tekno or if I'll have to purchase another!

I don't think your 5000mah semi hard pack is gonna fit. Get a hard cased 4S LiPo. Most of them will fit within the dimensions given above. If you find a pack 48mm tall, you'll even have enough room to place the plastic battery strap buckle between battery and body.

Something like this?

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/317606/

Is a 50C burst rate generally enough?

What kind of run time could I expect from 5000mAh compared to a 6750mAh?

Last edited:
When you look at a battery's "C" discharge rating, printed on a pack, it is the constant rating. A 4S 5000mAh 50C LiPo pack would be the minimum that I would use in a 1/8 scale buggy.

Thanks - I may just for for a Gens Ace Hard Pack 6750mAh 100C - how much run time should I expect on average (I know it can depend on driving style..)

Thanks - I may just for for a Gens Ace Hard Pack 6750mAh 100C - how much run time should I expect on average (I know it can depend on driving style..)
I'm running a Tekin Gen3 1900kV/ESC combo with SMC 6300mAh 4s batteries and expect to comfortably finish a 10min race without drama. Got about 20 mins the other day in a carpark when the track was closed...

Assuming this battery will fit OK??

6750mAh 70C XT90

61J0tVMxLPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
@Ifti
Discounted at the moment..??

https://www.gensacearespammers.de/gens-ace-5800mah-14-8v-50c-4s1p-hardcase-lipo-battery-14.html

Only thing I see a problem with those batteries is that the center strap on the battery tray will pull down tight on the balance leads..?

Good point about the battery strap and balance lead, I hadn't thought of that!!
Could always cut a small strip in the battery strap for the balance lead to poke through I guess?.....
Think I'll wait for the buggy to arrive and take it from there.......hmmmm.......

That's the only thing that stopped me from buying those batteries the other day..?

I went a second battery strap to hold down main battery leads. In the picture, you can see where I was concerned about the balance leads as well ;). I was going to go with the older Tekno narrower straps, but ultimately notched out a section on the new wide strap so as not to pinch the wires. And no, the balance lead does not flop around... sandwiched in between main battery leads.
20200419_162140.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back