• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Longer battery tray/holder suggestions for ET48 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimaRC

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I did try a Google search and a search of the forum, but I haven't been successful. Does anyone have a solution for fitting a longer battery into the ET48 2.0?

I have six 4s packs I want to use, but they won't fit the stock battery tray design.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I have two of these that fit like a glove, but nothing else I have goes in.
20210530_183507.jpg

I am not aware of a solution other than fabbing something up on your own.

I have some 6s 5000 mah packs which are just barely too large for the stock battery tray, so I've been struggling with this as well.

The two ideas I've considered are:
1. shave down the plastic on the battery holders. It might be possible to get just an extra few mm in both dimensions by taking away a little of the plastic.

2. Cut the battery holders apart (so you can increase width), and drill new holes in the chassis so you can increase length. This should give you 5-10mm of wiggle room.

If you are thinking of much larger packs, like 165mm length, I am not sure there is a workable solution, given the location of the center diff.

I am not aware of a solution other than fabbing something up on your own.

I have some 6s 5000 mah packs which are just barely too large for the stock battery tray, so I've been struggling with this as well.

The two ideas I've considered are:
1. shave down the plastic on the battery holders. It might be possible to get just an extra few mm in both dimensions by taking away a little of the plastic.

2. Cut the battery holders apart (so you can increase width), and drill new holes in the chassis so you can increase length. This should give you 5-10mm of wiggle room.

If you are thinking of much larger packs, like 165mm length, I am not sure there is a workable solution, given the location of the center diff.
Yeah the diff mount is close, I only need a little room, I was thinking of doing what you suggested and drilling some new holes further back. There is a multi slot battery tray I've found, but I have no idea if it would end up fitting or not, I'm not used to a car with such a short tray. My Losi has a longer one and all the Arrma cars I have don't really have a restriction.

Thank you for the feedback it's very helpful.

This is the tray I am thinking of:

https://www.amazon.com/TEKNO-RC-LLC-Battery-Tray/dp/B003RXQWE0

31-VISRfdbL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Yeah the diff mount is close, I only need a little room, I was thinking of doing what you suggested and drilling some new holes further back. There is a multi slot battery tray I've found, but I have no idea if it would end up fitting or not, I'm not used to a car with such a short tray. My Losi has a longer one and all the Arrma cars I have don't really have a restriction.

Thank you for the feedback it's very helpful.

This is the tray I am thinking of:

https://www.amazon.com/TEKNO-RC-LLC-Battery-Tray/dp/B003RXQWE0

View attachment 6994
I have that tray in my Mugen 6T conversion kit. The tray is 168mm long. The ET48 from front of the existing tray to the center diff is about 162mm. You would need to trim it to fit.

I bought that exact tray for the same reason when I had an ET48.3. Was never able to make it work. I think you might be better off trying to modify the battery holders that come with the truck.

I have that tray in my Mugen 6T conversion kit. The tray is 168mm long. The ET48 from front of the existing tray to the center diff is about 162mm. You would need to trim it to fit.
I bought that exact tray for the same reason when I had an ET48.3. Was never able to make it work. I think you might be better off trying to modify the battery holders that come with the truck.
Thanks guys I'm new to Tekno so I'm just finding my feet, there are a bunch of little issue's I've come across that I wasn't expecting. I really appreciate your advice thank you.

Recent Popular Liked

Back