• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Should I go with a longer wheel base from the start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briggs

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm building my first Tekno and my second ever RC car (Slash 2wd kit).
I decided to build an MT410 after watching way too many bashing videos, but after visiting my local track to spectate, I think I might enjoy some very casual racing.
I definitely want something I can mess around with, but it would be awesome to be able to slap on some racing tires when the mood strikes.
The kit arrives tomorrow, so I'm tempted to just leave it as it is, but I've seen so many people making the change.
What are your thoughts on keeping the MT410 pure vs making in an MT48.3?
Thanks for your help!

Messing around & backflipping = shorter wheelbase

Track and messing around at higher speeds = long wheelbase

The longer wheelbase makes it a LOT more stable.

Messing around & backflipping = shorter wheelbase

Track and messing around at higher speeds = long wheelbase

The longer wheelbase makes it a LOT more stable.
Thanks!
I've only been RC driving for a few months now, so the added stability is very appealing. I was tempted to return the MT410 and get an older EB410.2 but I'll probably just extend it.

I say build it and drive it as is to see how it works for you. No sense spending money to "make improvements" if you don't know how the base set up handles. It's far from a clumsy platform. If I take the MT410 out with other bashers the MT410 goes last so the experience with the others doesn't get spoiled.

The Mt410 appeals to me as a potential replacement for one of my Arrma’s. I would consider building up the Mt410 as is and seeing if you like it or not first. It’s easy enough to swap over the chassis and the few extra parts after it is built. I tend to prefer lwb 1/8th scale stuff over everything else and I think it’s easier to drive but I also have a few options for different things. After ripping my new built et48 around this weekend I could see selling off a few other cars and building another one as a dedicated basher or going the Mt48.3 route.

Yes a 1/8 truggy mt410 combo is the best of both worlds. But I am not a big fan of wheelies or backflips. I do like that extra feeling of being planned to the ground this long wheelbase

2d4a1a7623091287045f56d5538f15ba.png
You could move TKR5165 to the opposite direction to make it a bit less wild but obviously it won't be the same as changing to a longer chassis.

RazorRC did a great "tuning" video too where he talks about this amongst other things:

Yes a 1/8 truggy mt410 combo is the best of both worlds. But I am not a big fan of wheelies or backflips. I do like that extra feeling of being planned to the ground this long wheelbase
Yeah, I suspect I will fall into the same camp, but I guess it would be silly to not at least try the truck the way it was designed.

View attachment 8397You could move TKR5165 to the opposite direction to make it a bit less wild but obviously it won't be the same as changing to a longer chassis.

RazorRC did a great "tuning" video too where he talks about this amongst other things:
Thanks for the info! I guess I would have learned all of this if I had been a little more patient or read the instructions in advance (light bedtime reading).
Thanks for the link as well. Here I thought I had already watched every single MT410 video on the internet.

I'm a fan of the m2c game changer. you can still flip but you better set up appropriate hang time to make the revolutions.

Attachments

• 20220529_155334.jpg
    20220529_155334.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220529_155232.jpg
    20220529_155232.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 132
I'm a fan of the m2c game changer. you can still flip but you better set up appropriate hang time to make the revolutions.
Thanks! Do you know if the wheelbase is the same with the Gamechanger vs the ET48.3 chasis (15" between body posts)? I went with the et48.3 and oh my god I can't find a body that actually fits anywhere!

Thanks! Do you know if the wheelbase is the same with the Gamechanger vs the ET48.3 chasis (15" between body posts)? I went with the et48.3 and oh my god I can't find a body that actually fits anywhere!
The Gamechanger chassis has two sizes, stock mt410 or ET48.3 extended. It is hard to find bodies for the extended chassis.

Here is my build compatible with Kraton body types (opens up options): https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/my-lwb-mt410-build.2638/

Recent Popular Liked

Back