• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How to make MT410 battery tray longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
I have an assortment of batteries that I'd love to run in my MT410 and my SCT410.3. However, they just can't squeeze in. The 148mm is just shy of what i need (155ish mm). Are there any options for longer battery trays? Or is the only option to file down the rear lip in the battery tray? If so, are there any downside to filing that down (plastic tray is weaker or something)?
20230105_160024.jpg

You could probably trim the current battery tray and fit a larger battery in there, those extra 7 to 8mm you need seem available from a real-estate perspective. I would however get a few kydex sheets and protect the batteries from the center diff since you're going to be dangerously close to those rotating parts.

How much invested in the MT410? How much does a proper battery cost? Weigh benefit to risk and go from there.

I tend to dedicate certain batteries to certain rigs. Even if a purchase is required.😉
I'm not made of money!! :ROFLMAO:
You could probably trim the current battery tray and fit a larger battery in there, those extra 7 to 8mm you need seem available from a real-estate perspective. I would however get a few kydex sheets and protect the batteries from the center diff since you're going to be dangerously close to those rotating parts.
Thinking about it more and about the exposed center diff output has made me less inclined to extend the battery tray. Ultimately I found a lipo that will fit my needs well. CNHL G+ 70c 5000mah. Short enough to not worry about that pesky diff outdrive but will still pack a punch and fit in all of my other trucks I want to run them in!

I'm not made of money!! :ROFLMAO:

Thinking about it more and about the exposed center diff output has made me less inclined to extend the battery tray. Ultimately I found a lipo that will fit my needs well. CNHL G+ 70c 5000mah. Short enough to not worry about that pesky diff outdrive but will still pack a punch and fit in all of my other trucks I want to run them in!

I've ordered 2 of the same Lipo for my MT.

I have an assortment of batteries that I'd love to run in my MT410 and my SCT410.3. However, they just can't squeeze in. The 148mm is just shy of what i need (155ish mm). Are there any options for longer battery trays? Or is the only option to file down the rear lip in the battery tray? If so, are there any downside to filing that down (plastic tray is weaker or something)?
View attachment 9025
I'm having this issue with a Gens Ace basher 6800. Cutting off the end of the tray and making another gusset where the battery ends for strength. However, that left the battery way too close to the outdrive joint. The battery is wider than thicker so I left a little stub of the tray next to the joint just wide enough to fit the battery sideways. I'll fill the rest of the tray on that side with a spacer so it's snug. I have a full half inch between the battery and the outdrive now.

I've ordered 2 of the same Lipo for my MT.
These would be primarily running in my SCT as now I just purchased a max8 foe the mt410 and I'll be running 6s in my mt410. How do the G+ lipos perform though?

I have the rear rib of the battery compartment shaved down for my long batteries and have had 0 issues so far. My batteries do sit next to the center diff but i always tighten the straps while keeping the battery all the way forward and towards outside of chassis and never have had them move on me.

Recent Popular Liked

Back