• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

cutouts on battery tray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Are you referring to the servo mount for the mechanical brake?
https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/tkr5206x.htm

This is to save battery power because hard braking will draw an enormous amount of current where a mechanical brake would allow guys to make longer mains before battery technology improved with higher capacity packs. Basically you disable the brake on the ESC and let the mechanical brake do it's thing.

I have since proved that a 3660-1900KV on 4S would make a 20 min main when mixed in with the nitros at the track in my area and that was without a mechanical brake, ha!

If ROAR has any interest in reviving the SCT class, they need to remove the antiquated 2S restriction, the only restriction needs to be a 3660 sized motor and then folks will stop melting their electronics so the class can be sustained with 4S packs on 1900KV motors.

Last edited:
Wow I didn't know the mechanical brakes on electric were a thing! Thank you for the detailed info!

I'm a 5th scale gas guy and always had mechanical brakes, but I never knew it was an option for the tekno too. Cool!

You are absolutely correct about the 2s restrictions. My local club has the same restrictions and it made for some real limitations when I was choosing my electronics :/

Also worth noting that the heavier 4S pack also made the SCT more planted and less likely to traction roll, I had to thicken the shock fluids a pinch but 4S just made it better in every imaginable way.

I eventually sold my SCT and have moved on to the truggy class for my second class on larger turnout days.

Recent Popular Liked

Back