• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Bashing Diff Fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desmobullet69

Reaction score
For you guys bashing your ET's what Diff Fluids are you running F/C/R? I am in the process of a MASSIVE build out of a couple ET48s decked out with M2C stuff and a bunch of other goodies. I am a basher and open field runner. Trying to figure out what the best setup would be for me to start with. My Arrma's I had 40K/500k/50k and that worked well (keep in mined I am running a Max6 and a 1730kv motor). I will be running the MAX6 and 1730kv motor in my ET as well. Thanks for any/all input. Ill be sure to post a tread of the build as well with lots of pics!

Cheers,
-Dave

I run 50k/100k/10k.

I have Max8 and 4082 1600kv motor in my ET48 but thinking of fitting a 4092 so I will probably need to go to 200k in the centre diff.

I found that with thinner than 50k oil in the front it was not putting down the power properly mid corner and I had to let off the throttle a lot to turn.

Things to consider depending on how you want your car to behave, I don't bash, but surface and traction conditions will drastically change your needs depending on whether you are bashing on high traction grass or low traction unprepped asphalt as an example:

15824512935_c4769325fe_o.jpg

Resurrecting an old thread rather then start a new one ;)

Just looking into diff oils for a ET48 2.0 'light' basher (short grass/gravel). Looking to go with 60/100/20.
I did want 50 front ideally but cant find it easily available near me!

Resurrecting an old thread rather then start a new one ;)

Just looking into diff oils for a ET48 2.0 'light' basher (short grass/gravel). Looking to go with 60/100/20.
I did want 50 front ideally but cant find it easily available near me!
What tires are you going with on there ?? If it’s anything like an mt tire such as like a backflip LP.. and your running it on 4-6s you may want to think of a higher center diff to prevent some ballooning 👍🏻

What tires are you going with on there ?? If it’s anything like an mt tire such as like a backflip LP.. and your running it on 4-6s you may want to think of a higher center diff to prevent some ballooning 👍🏻

Hmmmm - I'll be running Backflip lp 3.8 on a 4s pack......
Maybe I should go up to 200 centre?

Hmmmm - I'll be running Backflip lp 3.8 on a 4s pack......
Maybe I should go up to 200 centre?
That would be my suggestion! Maybe even 300 if you can get your hands on some.

I’ve been running the stock mt410 specs 100k/100k/50k(f/c/r). It’s decent. When my new diffs and M2c wide body truggy chassis arrive, I’ll be setting up 60k/500k/30k. My rule of thumb has always been half the weight of what’s up front, in the rear.

Was looking to run 60/200/30 but cant find the fluid from the same manufacturer anywhere (I generally get Team Associated Diff Fluid). Can only find the 60k!

I can find the 200k and 30k from different companies though - although is it better to stick with one company for all fluids in the same vehicle? Or does it not matter?

Was looking to run 60/200/30 but cant find the fluid from the same manufacturer anywhere (I generally get Team Associated Diff Fluid). Can only find the 60k!

I can find the 200k and 30k from different companies though - although is it better to stick with one company for all fluids in the same vehicle? Or does it not matter?
There can be variations across brands so I personally won’t mix the same cst/wt of anything but I’ll happily have one pot of Losi 60k and a pot of TA 100k

Racing I would be more consistent but for bashing I wouldn’t worry!

I pretty much have all TA oils, but for reference was given some cheap Fasttrack oils which was thinner, can’t remember the exacts but something like there 50wt was more like TA 40wt etc

There can be variations across brands so I personally won’t mix the same cst/wt of anything but I’ll happily have one pot of Losi 60k and a pot of TA 100k

Racing I would be more consistent but for bashing I wouldn’t worry!

I pretty much have all TA oils, but for reference was given some cheap Fasttrack oils which was thinner, can’t remember the exacts but something like there 50wt was more like TA 40wt etc

Very useful, considering Fastrax was the alternative I was looking at!! Thanks!

Very useful, considering Fastrax was the alternative I was looking at!! Thanks!
Wheelspin had some TA stock! I just picked up a couple of bottles.

TLR is the other one I like using 👍🏼

Anyone got any updates on choice of fluids, how are you finding the ET48 2.0 for bashing?

I've got 500k 100k 80k 60k 30k and lots below that for diffs. I'm thinking of going for a mix of 500k and 100k in the centre and maybe 80k front 30k rear?

Thanks

Running 50k/200k/30k here
How's the differential setup working for you? Any suggestions for changes since your last post? I do not like how my MT410 responds when taking off on bike park jumps. It just seems to want to go forward flipping every time it clears the jump. I went with 80k for center because that's all the store had at the time when I screwed up with the 100k oil and went ahead with 80k. I realize now that it probably is the reason the MT acts funny. Since then, I've ordered more 100k & 50k oils but am not sure if 100k is the oil I want for the center differential. So I will be ordering more tonight, just not sure which viscosity to go with at this point. Castle 1520-1650kv motor with 24t pinion.

How's the differential setup working for you? Any suggestions for changes since your last post? I do not like how my MT410 responds when taking off on bike park jumps. It just seems to want to go forward flipping every time it clears the jump. I went with 80k for center because that's all the store had at the time when I screwed up with the 100k oil and went ahead with 80k. I realize now that it probably is the reason the MT acts funny. Since then, I've ordered more 100k & 50k oils but am not sure if 100k is the oil I want for the center differential. So I will be ordering more tonight, just not sure which viscosity to go with at this point. Castle 1520-1650kv motor with 24t pinion.
Your comment suggests you’re looking for less of a playful RC and more of a raceable one. Which confirms your choice of lowering fluids. I went the same route since I’m a light basher and do most of my driving on tracks (home made, parks, or racing tracks).

On the other hand your setup is very powerful and could easily burn a diff if you push it too hard. Best is to use 4s for reliability.

I’m probably running 30/60/20 right now, with 2200kv 1515 castle motor and 4s battery.

Your comment suggests you’re looking for less of a playful RC and more of a raceable one. Which confirms your choice of lowering fluids. I went the same route since I’m a light basher and do most of my driving on tracks (home made, parks, or racing tracks).

On the other hand your setup is very powerful and could easily burn a diff if you push it too hard. Best is to use 4s for reliability.

I’m probably running 30/60/20 right now, with 2200kv 1515 castle motor and 4s battery.
Ah.. I’m looking for a good balance in fluids with my style of driving. Bashing but flying. Like Rich Duperbash style. Since I’m new with the Teknos, it’ll be trial and error. Went ahead and ordered 300k so it’ll be 100/300/50 in my next rebuild. Waiting for the new front gearbox replacement to arrive. lol Lots to learn. It’s a beast and I need to increase the punch control. A lot of factors. And always running 4S and it’s a bit much to handle.

Will be getting the ET48 2.0 in a month or so.

Recent Popular Liked

Back