• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

would these be good tires for a ET48 2.0 bashing build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're building a truggy, right? Those are buggy wheels, too small. You need truggy or monster truck wheels. I like Arrma's backflips.

Okay for sure. Can you still use the buggy style rim/wheels though? Im not a big fan of the spoked design.

Yup, racing truggy wheels are like that. Not sure how many bashing-oriented premounts are available with dish wheels though.

Yup, racing truggy wheels are like that. Not sure how many bashing-oriented premounts are available with dish wheels though.
ohhh i see. so you couldn’t just buy the dish wheels and mount them yourself?

You could mount them, of course. I second the Arrma Backflips suggestion! Got them on my 6s Arrma, durable, not too heavy, don't balloon too much. They need a glue job now and then but all tires do once you start putting some serious power through them.

You could mount them, of course. I second the Arrma Backflips suggestion! Got them on my 6s Arrma, durable, not too heavy, don't balloon too much. They need a glue job now and then but all tires do once you start putting some serious power through them.
yea the backflips seem to be a really popular choice. I don’t think i’ll do 6s at the start. I’m building for 6s motor and esc wise but i think i’m gonna do 4s until i get the hang of things.

I started with the size 4 Backflips than bought a set of 6’s for my MT 410. Tried the bigger set on the ET48 and decided to keep them on and had to buy another set of 6’s for the MT
Put the 4’s on my Truggified Typhon and all is right with world!

Those are again buggy tires. They will look ridiculous on a truggy.

Those are again buggy tires. They will look ridiculous on a truggy.
what would be the difference between the two then? Isnt the ET48 very similar to the EB48? I wouldnt have thought the tires and wheels would have had that much impact. Especially if youre doing track or something.

I give up.
lol thanks for the help bud.
clearly your answers aren't very informative and don't explain much. I'm new and am asking the forum for questions and am expecting informative answers. if you can't provide that, which you seem to be unable to do, then best not offer up advice. These are places for learning and helping each other.

Here's the difference in a buggy and truggy wheel and tire with the smaller being the buggy.

20230714_134114.jpg

e0579220b936a8e5356b9f5cb307a9c7.jpg

It's gonna look like this and it might even make sense on road, but not if you want to use your truggy as God and the manufacturer intended.

Waiting for buggy tire proposal #3...

Here's the difference in a buggy and truggy wheel and tire with the smaller being the buggy.

View attachment 9650
awesome thanks. so truggy tires are larger diameter. this is the helpful info I was looking for. thanks!!

awesome thanks. so truggy tires are larger diameter. this is the helpful info I was looking for. thanks!!
They're wider also by about 17mm.. 4" diameter wheel with the tire about 5.5" tall and about 2.45" wide. 1/8 buggy is a 3.25 diameter wheel with the tire about 4.5" tall and about 1.75" wide.

I hesitated on a 1/8 scale truggy for a while because they're ugly and limited tire choices. That is that most of what's out there are variations of a small pin tire which is fine sometimes but some fat lugs would be nice sometimes also.

Outside diameter (OD) is usually listed in etailer descriptions. I've run truggy tires on my MT410, at the local off road dirt track, as well as Arrma Minkawas, and Duratrax Badgers, both of which are larger diameter than truggy tires, for grass, bashing, etc. The Backflips mentioned above are a very popular choice, especially for flipping the truck around in the air. Proline Badlands offer a size that will also work well. They're pricey, but have been durable for me. Just remember, changing tire diameter effectively changes gearing, heavier tires will put more stress on your driveline/chassis, and may feel noticeably slower, especially with lower powered setups.

Recent Popular Liked

Back