• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Bashing Diff Fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

How are the fluids behaving for a basher setup and backflip LP3.8 4’s?

Will also be running a max8/4274 2200KV setup with backflip 4’s and looking through the thread, what’s the consensus of going higher over @Nicochau setup of 50k / 200k / 30k?

I might opt for 100k and 500k oils, and mix them up too achieve a 200k (75% 100k + 25% 500k) or 300k for example.

I’m guessing the stock 20k / 20k / 10k will cook the centre diff and create a sticky smelly mess…

Cheers!

Hello,

I will be building my first Tekno ET48 2.0 soon.
The truggy will be a light basher, running on 4S with HW Max8 + 2250kV Motor (16T pinion) and Pro-Line Badlands 3.8 wheels.
I was thinking of going for 60K / 200K / 30K (F/C/R), what do you, more experienced drivers think?

Thanks!

The center diff fluid thickness is function of how much you want it to wheelie as opposed to diff out and send power to the front. The thicker the more you wheelie, the thinner the more your truck stays flat and stable.

60/200/30 are very reasonable numbers, same as a 4s battery and the 4274 motor. You can still cook your diffs if you have them slip non stop, as it would be in any RC. Remember to let your truck rest and cool down a bit if your bashing style involves a lot of on power drifting.

The center diff fluid thickness is function of how much you want it to wheelie as opposed to diff out and send power to the front. The thicker the more you wheelie, the thinner the more your truck stays flat and stable.

60/200/30 are very reasonable numbers, same as a 4s battery and the 4274 motor. You can still cook your diffs if you have them slip non stop, as it would be in any RC. Remember to let your truck rest and cool down a bit if your bashing style involves a lot of on power drifting.
The motor is the newer 2478 motor.
Once again, I'm not a hardcore basher, I mostly lightly bash/drive on BMX and Motocross tracks, no hardcore jumps and wheelies.
Or would for example 50/100/20 be better for this setup and driving style?
And what would all of these changes be compared to the stock 20/20/10?
Or should I just stick with stock diff oils?
Thanks!

I’m really not too sure on how much you’re going to see the difference. The moment you change the wheels for heavier ones, increasing diff fluid weight makes sense. So I would not go with stock. 50/100/20 is still rather light and probably a great starting point.

I’m really not too sure on how much you’re going to see the difference. The moment you change the wheels for heavier ones, increasing diff fluid weight makes sense. So I would not go with stock. 50/100/20 is still rather light and probably a great starting point.
OK, thank you.
I will then probably order 60/200/30 and start with that.

I really wish I would have kept better track of what fluids I used on my stretched mt410. I wanna say I did 60/500/30 based upon suggestions I found on here and on Arrma forum. I run it on 6s with a max6 combo and it’s insane. My et48 build is all stock fluids and I primarily run it on 4s and it does very well but could use just slightly heavier center diff fluid when bashing, on tracks/packed dirt it’s almost perfect as is.

Very informative thread. Just received my ET 48 kit an getting ready to start the build. Like someone else mentioned the Arrma forum had folks recommending 60-500-30 so I also did that on my Typhon 6S. It's a Truggy conversion with some big tires and really performs great with 4 or 6S batteries. So I have those fluids and plan on trying that combo on the new rig. Just a basher on a mix of surfaces.

I run 50k/100k/10k.

I have Max8 and 4082 1600kv motor in my ET48 but thinking of fitting a 4092 so I will probably need to go to 200k in the centre diff.

I found that with thinner than 50k oil in the front it was not putting down the power properly mid corner and I had to let off the throttle a lot to turn.
Hi I have a question:
My car :🚩
tekno 1/8 et 48.2. 44 spur, 13 pinion, max 8 combo 2250kv motor. 4s running.
oil diff..stok: 20/20/10
shock oil: stock
truggy wheels-duratracks.
This is my third race. (the car is still new).
The problem:🚩
My car really has no grip on the ground..feels like the car is floating/spining wheels, my rear wheels playing from side to side.
As a result..when I come to a turn...I let off the gas...turn around...and I press the gas tothe exit turn...and the rear car turns 360, I also feel that it is not driving stable...always sliding from side to side.
my question:🚩
Why its happen, its oil diff..? How do I make the car stable and stuck to the ground and take precise turns.
How much in the middle/front/rear diffs.
I want when exiting the turn to press the gas and it will fly straight.
I tried putting 100k oil in the middle didn't help that much

Hi I have a question:
My car :🚩
tekno 1/8 et 48.2. 44 spur, 13 pinion, max 8 combo 2250kv motor. 4s running.
oil diff..stok: 20/20/10
shock oil: stock
truggy wheels-duratracks.
This is my third race. (the car is still new).
The problem:🚩
My car really has no grip on the ground..feels like the car is floating/spining wheels, my rear wheels playing from side to side.
As a result..when I come to a turn...I let off the gas...turn around...and I press the gas tothe exit turn...and the rear car turns 360, I also feel that it is not driving stable...always sliding from side to side.
my question:🚩
Why its happen, its oil diff..? How do I make the car stable and stuck to the ground and take precise turns.
How much in the middle/front/rear diffs.
I want when exiting the turn to press the gas and it will fly straight.
I tried putting 100k oil in the middle didn't help that much
Please see my post in your other thread regarding this topic.

Things to consider depending on how you want your car to behave, I don't bash, but surface and traction conditions will drastically change your needs depending on whether you are bashing on high traction grass or low traction unprepped asphalt as an example:

15824512935_c4769325fe_o.jpg
so as a nooby, where would grass fall into this? What would be a good fluid set up for grass / clay?

so as a nooby, where would grass fall into this? What would be a good fluid set up for grass / clay?

Chances are the box stock fluids will work perfectly fine for grass, the clay may need thicker fluids if it's high traction, but maybe thinner if low traction, really hard to say without driving the truck and seeing for yourself. Also note that ride height settings will also drastically effect traction too, really good guide here:
https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set_Up_Guide.pdf

Chances are the box stock fluids will work perfectly fine for grass, the clay may need thicker fluids if it's high traction, but maybe thinner if low traction, really hard to say without driving the truck and seeing for yourself. Also note that ride height settings will also drastically effect traction too, really good guide here:
https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set_Up_Guide.pdf
So do you think/ is it generally a good Idea for kit builds to just follow the stock recommendations the first time around, and then go from there? Especially for Tekno, a brand that seems to be regarded as a company knowing what they're doing.

So do you think/ is it generally a good Idea for kit builds to just follow the stock recommendations the first time around, and then go from there? Especially for Tekno, a brand that seems to be regarded as a company knowing what they're doing.
Yes, that's pretty much it... normally a driver would search for a setup sheet posted by a team driver running on similar track conditions, but for general bashing purposes the stock fluids are perfectly fine.

Not uncommon for folks with the MT410 to put thicker fluid in the center diff to get it to wheelie easier however the ET48 is less likely to wheelie being a longer chassis.

Recent Popular Liked

Back