• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Weak Points for the ET410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattZ

Reaction score
Here is my review on the ET410, I am happy with this Truggy and at the same time disappointed. I happy in the fact that it was an easy build and the truck is easy to drive and handles great. I’m disappointed because after about the fourth race on this truggy the following parts have broken( I am a seasoned racer) ; the differential outdrives in the front, front bulkhead and shock tower, servo Horn, and shock caps. Now I have seen that they have released “revised” parts. My guess is that there is an engineering issue with the composites that they are using. You’d think after dropping $429 for this kit that you wouldn’t be replacing parts after the third or fourth race and you shouldn’t be spending money on upgraded parts to replace the weak ones again after just dropping $429. Other drivers at my track are having same issues. I called Tekno and they’d advise me that it would take up to two weeks to get warranty parts and typically they deem racing as “abuse “ on this vehicle, so basically they are not going to replace their flawed parts because you were being abusive to this truggy because you’ve been racing it.

Thought it was built to race? It’s not a basher it’s a racer.

So would they cover them if you were jumping over your house?

Here is my review on the ET410, I am happy with this Truggy and at the same time disappointed. I happy in the fact that it was an easy build and the truck is easy to drive and handles great. I’m disappointed because after about the fourth race on this truggy the following parts have broken( I am a seasoned racer) ; the differential outdrives in the front, front bulkhead and shock tower, servo Horn, and shock caps. Now I have seen that they have released “revised” parts. My guess is that there is an engineering issue with the composites that they are using. You’d think after dropping $429 for this kit that you wouldn’t be replacing parts after the third or fourth race and you shouldn’t be spending money on upgraded parts to replace the weak ones again after just dropping $429. Other drivers at my track are having same issues. I called Tekno and they’d advise me that it would take up to two weeks to get warranty parts and typically they deem racing as “abuse “ on this vehicle, so basically they are not going to replace their flawed parts because you were being abusive to this truggy because you’ve been racing it.

All of their available parts are covered under their 50% off replacement warrantee (no matter the reason even if its just worn-out not even broken). I think the only reason they wouldn't cover it is due to someone "modifying" the part in a manor they determined to jeopardize the integrity of that part.

-Outdrives breaking, could just be a one off thing (what motor, diff oil and surfaces are you running?)
-The plastic servo horns always go out first so I wouldn't knock tekno on that...everyone suggest a metal horn already.
-Front bulk head (if you haven't owned an EB410 then your learning curve is bigger here)
-Shock caps (how did you break a shock cap, what part, the threads?)

Are you running it outdoors or indoors...what is the ambient temperature in your area these days? Plastic gets a lot more brittle in the cold!

I run my ET410 on a rough/hard-packed outdoor track and the only thing I have broken was my aftermarket front bumper, LOL!

If Tekno were to give out free replacement parts for every broken part then they would be out of business. It is my opinion that if a part breaks when I crash or land bad...it was my fault, regardless how minimal the accident appeared. The point is, if the parts weren't broken when building the car then none of their parts will break until you start driving the car. So...seasoned or not parts break due to driver error/mishaps.

Tekno has been really good at recognizing manufacturer mistakes, as crappy as it is for you this could be a one off thing.

Last edited:
After breaking the front bulkhead twice, and bending one of the front arm pins, I learned that I had the A-Block backwards, doh! So far I haven't broken a front bulk head since I properly locked in the A-Block, only other part I've broken has been a snapped ball cup at the end of the threads. Roughly 15 race days so far on a medium size turf track with hard boards for lane dividers and solid wood landings, not a very forgiving track surface, ha!

My only complaint, with this 4wd stadium truck/truggy, is the wing mounts, and not having some sort of cover on the center diff. Running ET410 this year has been, for the most part, a pure JOY. Best handling RC I have ever driven! I can get overlook the Lexan wing that was destroyed after two runs, but the wing mounts themselves are too flexible IMO. They just need to be filled in (a solid piece), and add some sort of cross brace like a lot of 1/8 scale platforms.

The following two pics are from a 1/10 scale buggy platform. I was gonna order some, and try to see what kind of performance/durability I could get from them, (after figuring a way to make them fit) but out of stock.

The "not having a center diff gear cover" is from the basher side of the hobby. So far, this year, I've had two occasions where a pebble got into the mix of things and stripped the spurs. The second time it happened was not as bad. I was able to get the pebble out and keep running....still running that boogered up spur today!

My only complaint, with this 4wd stadium truck/truggy, is the wing mounts, and not having some sort of cover on the center diff. Running ET410 this year has been, for the most part, a pure JOY. Best handling RC I have ever driven! I can get overlook the Lexan wing that was destroyed after two runs, but the wing mounts themselves are too flexible IMO. They just need to be filled in (a solid piece), and add some sort of cross brace like a lot of 1/8 scale platforms.

The following two pics are from a 1/10 scale buggy platform. I was gonna order some, and try to see what kind of performance/durability I could get from them, (after figuring a way to make them fit) but out of stock.
View attachment 3290View attachment 3291
Thank you for the ".2" wing mount Tekno RC. Definitely looks like a big improvement.
TKR6546Bs.jpg

I wasn't sure, at first, if the new mount would retrofit on EB/ET410 shock towers. Got a reply back from Tekno..."Yes it will." (y)

Recent Popular Liked

Back