• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Truggy tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsngreens1

Reaction score
Need a lil help. I have a set of proline shockwaves on my mt410. I ordered a 48.3 truggy and want to know what other options for tires i can use? I have the m2c truggy chassis coming as this will be a basher. Can i use a smaller profile or maybe more narrow tire? what about hexes will I need to change anything from stock setup? This is all a lil new to me still. Thanks in advance.

Lots of tire options for 17mm hexes. One thing you need to watch out for is the offset on the wheels, so that you have the proper clearance. You can probably use most all of the monster truck tires when mounted on wheels with a 1/2" offset and the correct size hex extenders.

Maybe someone with more large tire experience than me will chime in, but you have a lot of tire options if you don't want to run a standard truly wheel/tire.

Am I better using mt tires if i wanna jump and do flips or can the smaller truggy tires handle it? I was looking at the sweep belted tires. Just wondering if i need a lil more tire and or cushion?

The bigger tires will help you do flips better actually. Truggy tires would probably be just fine too but depending on the compound they may not last as long.

If it were me I would put some big tires on a rig designated for bashing and some racing wheels/tires if I was running on a track.

The bigger tires will help you do flips better actually. Truggy tires would probably be just fine too but depending on the compound they may not last as long.

If it were me I would put some big tires on a rig designated for bashing and some racing wheels/tires if I was running on a track.
Thanks for the help.

Am I better using mt tires if i wanna jump and do flips or can the smaller truggy tires handle it? I was looking at the sweep belted tires. Just wondering if i need a lil more tire and or cushion?
I would advise against the sweep tyres. I have tried them and they are excellent for speed runs on road or short grass because they don't balloon at all!

However they do create a hard ride and are very heavy so they negatively affect the handling, not a problem when you are just going in straight line.

I would recommend either Dboots Katar for lightweight tyres or for general bashing you pretty much can't beat Proline Badlands 3.8.

The ET48.3 requires the upgraded "+2" mm hexes that Tekno offers to allow clearance for Im certain standard and 1/2" offset Proline 3.8 wheels/tires. The MT has the hexes included in the kit which is why basically any 17mm wheels fit, but I wanted to try the +2 hexes on my EB48.4 a couple years ago for a track day and because I had originally built the ET48.3 with the wider hexes I had never tried different wheels with the stock ones, so thats when I found out that pretty much only the standard track focused 4" truggy race wheels work on the stock hubs, and none of the 3 different styles of standard or 1/2" offset Proline 3.8's or 2 other 3.8 wheel sets I had but dont remember the brand spun freely as the recess where the 17mm hex fits is too deep so the wheels all rubbed on the steering blocks and rear uprights. I did order up a set of the first generation low profile belted Sweep all-terrain tires/wheels which have a 1/4" offset and they would work without the wider hexes, however they have since changed all of their sets to a 1/2" offset so I cant say for sure if the newer versions would still fit. They have been a great setup for when Im running any of my trucks ie truggies on-road or have them set up for higher speeds as the tires dont balloon even a slight amount as they pretty much feel like they are nearly solid rubber. The downside is the tires send every bump to the suspension and if you run them on really hard and rough surfaces its not unusual to crack a wheel from the inner tire bead moat of the way across to where the spokes meet the rim. Happened to me twice, but some tire glue has kept them running strong now for almost 2.5 years, still having over 1/2 treadlife left too...

Anyone have any images of the ET48 with Backflip LP 4S tires installed?

About to order and just wondering if they are a little too large for the truggy in terms of thickness.........

About to order and just wondering if they are a little too large for the truggy in terms of thickness.........
I don’t have a pic that I can sent now. I have no issues with them. They make a great basher tire. Not sure what you meant buy thickness. Width, sidewall, or thread depth.

they are narrower then all of my Prolines and I like that about them. Also they don’t balloon on me like Prolines

I don’t have a pic that I can sent now. I have no issues with them. They make a great basher tire. Not sure what you meant buy thickness. Width, sidewall, or thread depth.

they are narrower then all of my Prolines and I like that about them. Also they don’t balloon on me like Prolines

Was looking at the width - but thank you for the confirmation. All ordered up ;o)

Was looking at the width - but thank you for the confirmation. All ordered up ;o)
I know you already ordered but I got some pics
The backflips are mounted on my e-revo and the ET has sweeps
Both rigs are the same size just to give you an idea of size

Attachments

• F26D3C46-D4F5-400A-B18B-14AF53039DA2.jpeg
    F26D3C46-D4F5-400A-B18B-14AF53039DA2.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 339
  • F90AC9AE-6F41-4EFD-B78A-88D6F581E4A6.jpeg
    F90AC9AE-6F41-4EFD-B78A-88D6F581E4A6.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 294

I think they are the perfect size light and lots of traction for the price I wouldn’t run anything else.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Can anyone tell me if these wheels are good for ET 48 2.0? Louise Pirates are 0 offset and I don't understand if they touch the front arms during steering.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20210519-152240_Chrome.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back