• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Truggy tires

Gritsngreens1

Need a lil help. I have a set of proline shockwaves on my mt410. I ordered a 48.3 truggy and want to know what other options for tires i can use? I have the m2c truggy chassis coming as this will be a basher. Can i use a smaller profile or maybe more narrow tire? what about hexes will I need to change anything from stock setup? This is all a lil new to me still. Thanks in advance.

TBuggy

Tekno RC's
EB410, EB48, ET410, SCT410
Lots of tire options for 17mm hexes. One thing you need to watch out for is the offset on the wheels, so that you have the proper clearance. You can probably use most all of the monster truck tires when mounted on wheels with a 1/2" offset and the correct size hex extenders.

Maybe someone with more large tire experience than me will chime in, but you have a lot of tire options if you don't want to run a standard truly wheel/tire.

Gritsngreens1

Am I better using mt tires if i wanna jump and do flips or can the smaller truggy tires handle it? I was looking at the sweep belted tires. Just wondering if i need a lil more tire and or cushion?

TBuggy

Tekno RC's
EB410, EB48, ET410, SCT410
The bigger tires will help you do flips better actually. Truggy tires would probably be just fine too but depending on the compound they may not last as long.

If it were me I would put some big tires on a rig designated for bashing and some racing wheels/tires if I was running on a track.

Gritsngreens1

The bigger tires will help you do flips better actually. Truggy tires would probably be just fine too but depending on the compound they may not last as long.

If it were me I would put some big tires on a rig designated for bashing and some racing wheels/tires if I was running on a track.
Thanks for the help.

Klappars

Driving Style
Basher
Am I better using mt tires if i wanna jump and do flips or can the smaller truggy tires handle it? I was looking at the sweep belted tires. Just wondering if i need a lil more tire and or cushion?
I would advise against the sweep tyres. I have tried them and they are excellent for speed runs on road or short grass because they don't balloon at all!

However they do create a hard ride and are very heavy so they negatively affect the handling, not a problem when you are just going in straight line.

I would recommend either Dboots Katar for lightweight tyres or for general bashing you pretty much can't beat Proline Badlands 3.8.

Recent Popular Liked