• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Daniel

Reaction score
I have a ET48.3 that I am converting to a basher. I have a Tekin Redline Gen 3 T8 2250 Kv on it.

What are the biggest wheels o can use with a 4S battery? Would backflips Lp 6s be too big? Also, what pinion should I use with a bigger wheel?

Backflips 6s are not LP (low-profile). They are great tires but also very tall tires (172mm if I recall well vs 156mm LPs and 143mm truggy 1/8 tires). You will lose in handling precision (but who cares, its a basher) and gain a LOT of rotational mass in order to jump and flip the truck.

You can run them with any pinion as long as you let the motor cool down once in a while. Fast bashers are fun, so I would probably not change the pinion on it if you have a 16t or 17t already installed. Also, the ET48.3 won't let you clear much lower than 15t (14t without the center brace). Not worth the hassle.

I've tried both on that truck and I prefer the Backflip LPs. The LPs are my go-to - also have those installed on my MT410. You have plenty of mass for air control even with the low profile tires.

Recent Popular Liked

Back