• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Time for a new servo recomendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulWa11

Reaction score
Looking for a servo recommendation, 150oz + don't really want to spend $200 thinking Savox SB-2274SG??

I ran a savox 1258 in my buggy last time out until my servo case came in. It did very well. Not sure what you have in there now. If you got about 100 Ive heard nothing but phenomenal things about the protek 160t

I'm not a fan of Savox servos... I've been burned by them in the past with no support after warranty. I've dabbled around with many budget brand servos over the years with some hit/miss results.

One of my favorite budget brands has been PowerHD, they have always performed on par with Savox, but for a fraction of the price:
http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-systems-servos/servos.html?p=3

HobbyKing used to rebrand PowerHD servos under the Turnigy label (respective 1251 and 1258 numbers corresponding to Savox), but recently discontinued them because PowerHD has introduced a new lineup with better quality that I just linked to ValueHobby

Next level up in quality are the brushless servos from JX:
https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/servos/standard/jx.html

I have been using them in my 1/8 cars for about a year, but have found that's about how long their gears tend to last before slop starts to form and eventually the gears need replacement, where currently replacement JX gear sets are hard to find.

Next level up and what I currently run are SRT servos, these have been the best quality servo I've ever owned with reasonably priced gear sets available, I only have a few months of testing with them so haven't ran into stripping gears yet, but these servos are half the price of what they are worth:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/994781-srt-servos.html

if you like the savox SB-2274SG look at the protek 130t, same specs, $5 less and comes with an aluminum horn, i like mine a lot so far... would really like to go up to a full metal case servo for the heck of it though.

I'm not a fan of Savox servos... I've been burned by them in the past with no support after warranty. I've dabbled around with many budget brand servos over the years with some hit/miss results.

That;s too bad Bill. I've been running Savox for many years and only had one failure. They replaced it quickly as well thru HRP. Shame customer service is never the same across the board with manufacturers and distributors. It's always a mixed bag of reports on customer service.

I haven't had any actual problems with Savox other than needing an additional BEC and capacitor when running two on a 4ws crawler because they seem to be very power-hungry/inefficient. It left a bad taste in my mouth after that so even though they are a great value I wanted to try something different.

The mentionable brands i've owned:
  1. Futaba (probably my favorite. been using Futaba forever. rock solid, I had a super FAST one in a buggy, best servo i ever had but also the most expensive)
  2. Hitec (rock solid in a MT, tried and true like Futaba but sometimes costs less)
  3. Protek (currently - love the value but not a great feeling with it being a small/amain brand but so far it's been fantastic for the $)
  4. Savox (good value, available everywhere. just watch the amperage, need a decent BEC, maybe a cap...)
I would like to try a brushless servo one day, is there really any noticeable difference between coreless and brushless? i almost think it's a gimmick...

Lots to think over who thought there would be such a difference when considering price vs quality

Anyone using SRT Servos seems popular with the UK Tekno guys

Looking for a servo recommendation, 150oz + don't really want to spend $200 thinking Savox SB-2274SG??
Started with 2 new servos last season...a Hitec $99 and a savox1256 $60....the Hitec is already sloppy and the Savox is going strong...

I have liked my ProTek servo. I have the 170 in my ET48 and it works quite well. Funny, it actually seems to have gotten smoother and more precise when I switched to a DX6R and new receiver.
Anyway, my next servo to try will be the Tekin ones.

Reactions: Hye

Recent Popular Liked

Back