• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

These things are a bitch to work on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I get that the super compact layout is better for high performance cars, but the milliliter scale distance between the battery and moving things, the hard to get to diffs, pain in the ass servo mount, lack of space for the ESC and motor are no fun.
No protection from dirt on a monster truck is a travesty too...
The way dirt builds up in the hooks and crannies in the arms is annoying.
The body mounts are a pain in the ass too, not fitting half the officially approved bodies... And breaking if you look at them funny.
Shock travel is nothing to call home about either.

Just putting this out there so there is something besides praise for Tekno... Should have gotten an Arrma Outcast, bit kiiiit

To make things clear: it is a high quality lot, but there is a lot of room for improvement, and value is meh.

This kit is based off their race vehicles. All racers use hard case batteries, so the battery to outdrive clearance isn't an issue. It is an issue with soft case batteries though and needs attention. The Tekno center diff access couldn't be easier with just 4 screws. The Arrma center diff access is much more work. The front/rear diff access isn't that hard, but the easy access diffs like on the EB/ET410 would be great in the future. M2C is releasing a new chassis very soon which will give you A LOT more room.

I have to say the quick access diffs NEED to be on the next version, tekno is behind on that.
I loved them on my rc8t3e.
Not sure what the gripe is about with shock travel, there isnt a 1/8 comp class out I'm aware of with more suspension travel. I do wish they had a bit more down/droop travel though, that might be what you mean.
No RC is perfect, they all have pros and cons. I've owned a few different 1/8s. The tekno has strengths (durability is really good on parts like arms, the ability to swap parts between models is nice) and weaknesses (aimed at competition use- designed for efficiency not bashing, not as much versatility as some others with configurations)

I cant wait to see the new m2c chassis... are they making a short and long I assume?

I have to say the quick access diffs NEED to be on the next version, tekno is behind on that.
I loved them on my rc8t3e.
Not sure what the gripe is about with shock travel, there isnt a 1/8 comp class out I'm aware of with more suspension travel. I do wish they had a bit more down/droop travel though, that might be what you mean.
No RC is perfect, they all have pros and cons. I've owned a few different 1/8s. The tekno has strengths (durability is really good on parts like arms, the ability to swap parts between models is nice) and weaknesses (aimed at competition use- designed for efficiency not bashing, not as much versatility as some others with configurations)

I cant wait to see the new m2c chassis... are they making a short and long I assume?
Right now I believe it is the long with the short to follow.

I hate the body posts on the mt410. Everything else is good. Space is a little limited, but I can get past that.

I have a Arrma Kraton and recently just got my 1st Tekno Eb48 and can say it has been super easy to work on , easier than the Arrma for me. The quality of the parts is also just amazing and you cant even compare the 2 vehicles.

Kraton has been the easiest RC to work on of all of the cars I've ever owned or even seen. They've kept it simple. Everything is connected with just a couple of screws. But, and this is something I can't understand, be it any RC car: why limit the motors, ESCs, batteries etc. that you can use by not leaving enough space? Or making a battery compartment just a bit too narrow so you can't buy a $30 battery, but have to buy a $50 one just because the compartment is too narrow, even though the chassis would allow it to be bigger. If on a 1/8 scale truck that has a big chassis, you have to choose electronics based on their size, it just shows poor design.

I wanted something smaller so I bought an EB48.4. There could a bit more space between the electronics, batteries, drive shafts etc, but as this is supposed to be smaller, I can accept the no-space-whatsoever-left design. However, on a monster truck like the MT410 this is totally unacceptable. :( There is nothing "monster" about not being able to upgrade the ESC, batteries and motor to whatever you want just because there is no room on the chassis.

Kraton has been the easiest RC to work on of all of the cars I've ever owned or even seen. They've kept it simple. Everything is connected with just a couple of screws. But, and this is something I can't understand, be it any RC car: why limit the motors, ESCs, batteries etc. that you can use by not leaving enough space? Or making a battery compartment just a bit too narrow so you can't buy a $30 battery, but have to buy a $50 one just because the compartment is too narrow, even though the chassis would allow it to be bigger. If on a 1/8 scale truck that has a big chassis, you have to choose electronics based on their size, it just shows poor design.

I wanted something smaller so I bought an EB48.4. There could a bit more space between the electronics, batteries, drive shafts etc, but as this is supposed to be smaller, I can accept the no-space-whatsoever-left design. However, on a monster truck like the MT410 this is totally unacceptable. :( There is nothing "monster" about not being able to upgrade the ESC, batteries and motor to whatever you want just because there is no room on the chassis.
M2c racing is currently working on a wider chassis for the ET and MT.

Recent Popular Liked

Back