• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock building. Drilling holes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbulsara

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am about to build the shocks the manual says to drill a hole in the cap between 1-2 mm. Which one is better 1 mm or 2 mm or there is no difference?
any tips on shock building?

What model is this for, the SCT410.3?

I typically don't build vented or non vented shocks with bladders any more, which is what I assume you are trying to do?

I prefer the emulsion style shocks personally. They are way simpler and easier (for me anyhow) to get consistent.

What model is this for, the SCT410.3?

I typically don't build vented or non vented shocks with bladders any more, which is what I assume you are trying to do?

I prefer the emulsion style shocks personally. They are way simpler and easier (for me anyhow) to get consistent.
this is for the mt410. Can I build emulsion shocks with the stock shocks on the mt410 (plastic cap with no holes) or do I need something extra?

This is from the SCT 410.3 instructions manual, the plastic shock caps are the same for the SCT and MT but they do not give you the bleeder screw TKR1341 or the o-ring TKR5125 in the MT kit so you would need them to make the stock plastic MT caps emulsion setup. The metal shock caps are much better for the MT given the added abuse of bashing, the plastic ones did not last long for me.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 11.21.00 PM.png

Emulsion shocks require the hole on top and at the angle shown in the pic above. After you bleed the air from the shocks you install a screw and o-ring to seal everything up.

I hadn't had the chance to scan the MT manual for all of the differences compared to other models. I wasn't sure if they came with the option to run emulsion or not.

Totally agree that the metal emulsion shock caps are the way to go.

Ahh, got it thanks guys! I have drilled a 2mm hole and built the bladder shocks for now. I will get the aluminum caps once these break (eventually).

Recent Popular Liked

Back