• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Servo not centered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevys10zr2003

Lifetime Premium!
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
So I am finishing up the build on my MT410. I have the Futaba 4PLS radio and this JX servo.

The issue that I have is that I have two options for my servo/car going straight. Trim to the left 72 out of 100 or trim to the right 78 out of 100 when I try the servo arm on different teeth.

Now I don't mind messing with the trim a little to get it to go straight but that seems pretty far out there to me. I have check all of my turnrods and they are all within .1mm. I can't think of anything other than turning turnbuckles to be different lengths, which I don't really want to do.

Is there anything else that I can do to get the straight line to be closer to neutral? Will this have any sort of negative effect on the servo?

I should have specified that I checked all of the turnbuckles going to the front hubs. I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and he suggested that I adjust the steering turnbuckle connecting to the servo arm. Is that the turnbuckle that you were suggesting as well @Tblazin?

Do you have the servo horn parallel to the servo saver arm?

So I am finishing up the build on my MT410. I have the Futaba 4PLS radio and this JX servo.

The issue that I have is that I have two options for my servo/car going straight. Trim to the left 72 out of 100 or trim to the right 78 out of 100 when I try the servo arm on different teeth.

Now I don't mind messing with the trim a little to get it to go straight but that seems pretty far out there to me. I have check all of my turnrods and they are all within .1mm. I can't think of anything other than turning turnbuckles to be different lengths, which I don't really want to do.

Is there anything else that I can do to get the straight line to be closer to neutral? Will this have any sort of negative effect on the servo?

I have the exact same issue, which is disturbing for a type A-anal retentive person like myself. I ended up buying a setup station and adjusted the turnbuckles to have the camber and toe set exactly even...and I do mean exactly. But even so, I STILL had to trim left 38 out a 100 to get my MT410 to track straight. I even adjusted the servo arm as was suggested by someone else, to no avail, so I put back at the stock 1mm spacing.

I have chalked it up to the fact that, even with the tight tolerances Tekno provides over other brands, wear and tear on the vehicle gets things out of whack slightly and you have to continually adjust. But I, like you, was meticulous in my build and expected the MT to tack straight from the get-go.

My setup: Futaba 4PLS, Tekno 25T servo horn, MKS HBL599 servo

I have the exact same issue, which is disturbing for a type A-anal retentive person like myself. I ended up buying a setup station and adjusted the turnbuckles to have the camber and toe set exactly even...and I do mean exactly. But even so, I STILL had to trim left 38 out a 100 to get my MT410 to track straight. I even adjusted the servo arm as was suggested by someone else, to no avail, so I put back at the stock 1mm spacing.

I have chalked it up to the fact that, even with the tight tolerances Tekno provides over other brands, wear and tear on the vehicle gets things out of whack slightly and you have to continually adjust. But I, like you, was meticulous in my build and expected the MT to tack straight from the get-go.

My setup: Futaba 4PLS, Tekno 25T servo horn, MKS HBL599 servo
It's good to know that I'm not the only one that has had this issue. For myself, especially since I got a bargain servo, I was thinking that maybe the servo had the perfect storm of tolerances and the neutral position is dead center in between teeth. I got a bargain servo to get up and running but when this servo goes I will most likely get a better servo unless this one lasts awhile. Just didnt have the money to get everything I WANTED in one shot.

I don't think it will harm the servo being off though as long as my endpoints are set properly. Just kind of annoying that I am already using up 70-80% of my trim just to get it to go straight and there isn't much room to adjust once things start wearing.

Yes, I always start first with adjusting the turnbuckle between the servo arm, which can only go so far... then I adjust the steering links last, being careful to measure them so the exposed metal of each turnbuckle is equal and center my toe out that way.... I try to keep my trim set to 0, and in a pinch at the track, I will adjust the sub trim as a last resort, but sometimes I have to adjust the Left/Right EPA to compensate depending on if some corners are lacking steering in a particular section of the track.

Adjusting the turnbuckle between the servo arms I got the trim down to 25, which I can live with. Might adjust it more once I get the time but for now I'm happy. Thank you very much everybody for all your help and suggestions.

Recent Popular Liked

Back