• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL Right servo for sct410 sl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madazam

Reaction score
So I just got a SCT 410 SL after a long time out from the hobby.
I have two old servos, one cheap futaba that seems to fit and a spektrum which seems not liking the servo horn and it's really tight in the servo spot.
Can you advise me a right servo, not to expensive, that fits the chassis and the servo horn?

So I just got a SCT 410 SL after a long time out from the hobby.
I have two old servos, one cheap futaba that seems to fit and a spektrum which seems not liking the servo horn and it's really tight in the servo spot.
Can you advise me a right servo, not to expensive, that fits the chassis and the servo horn?

Most "standard" servos are the same size in terms of overall L, W, and H. This is my go-to servo for all 10th scale builds:

https://www.amazon.com/Hiwonder-Dig...sr_1_29?keywords=servo&qid=1698191744&sr=8-29

Is it very cheap, and so far I've no problems with these servos. Some people say the published specs are a lie, but even the specs are inflated, the servo is still more than capable. At $15, you just can't go wrong.

As for the servo saver, those have either 25, 24, or 23 teeth on the spline. "Futaba" means 25 teeth. The one I linked above has its own aluminum servo horn but is also 25 teeth on the spline, so you'll have options.

Thank you.
For the servo saver with 25,24 and 23 teeth, do you mean the three servo savers in the SCT410SL kit box? I tried all of them on the spektrum servo with no luck; but I remember years ago putting a saver on it was extremely tight. So probably I just need to push harder :)
Another question, I tested the motor, with a 20 teeth pinion. The car "screams" really, really loudly. Did I install the motor too tight to the mid differential or is it normal?

current industry standard is 25T splines for the vast majority of servos and pretty sure TEKNO only offers a 25T aluminum servo horn so keep this in mind as you shop around.

As far as low budget servos go, I would consider JX, and no matter what you get I would only recommend a solid aluminum case servo as a bare minimum, more info here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/servo-rating-info.138498/#post-1382954

The "right" servo includes a choice of many. Even though the "SL" is what is known and designed as a lightweight SCT, it's still a heavier RC running with no servo saver... you want a strong servo to handle things. This day in age, over the top specs are everywhere.

I definitely would go with Tekno's recommended starting point (240 oz/in) for torque. When I go shopping for a servo that doesn't come with a lifetime warranty (and price tag to go with it), I make sure I can find replacement gear sets for if/when the time comes.

If I only got/want to spend $35~$40 for a servo...

1698401149837.png
1698401524196.png

A lower priced servo horn that I found (keep on hand) and use on EB48, ET410, SCT410.3, and SCT410SL...
1698401799274.png
1698403185075.png
1698402905774.jpeg
1698402696358-jpeg.9924
1698403083269.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back