• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Am I doing this right? ET48 2.0 Extreme Basher Buil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayenah

Reaction score
Hello!

New to building kits, and kinda new to 1/8 scale bashing. Have an XMaxx but want to get more ambitious with a smaller scale truggy build :)

Just ordered the ET48 2.0 and the aim is to build it as a 6S basher. Here is what I have decided on so far

A bunch of M2C parts:
- rear brace
- center brace
- shock caps
- outdrive shafts x4
- upper steering plates

Tekno upgrades:
- 25T alum servo horn
- TEKNO RC LLC Spur Gear, 44T, Hardened Steel, Lightened, TKR5115 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJ2EN2...t_i_Q3HFQ61PVZCQ4CN1B696?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Electronics/Motor

Motor/ESC: Castle Creations 1/6 Mamba Monster X Brushless ESC / 1520-1650Kv Sensored Motor Combo, CSE010016504 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y3C6W7D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TXAPPY1VQ8B75QHSNECW

Servo: undecided

Diff fluids: undecided

Tires: undecided

QUESTIONS:

1) is my motor selection good? The aim is have a fast, quick basher build with insane torque; I am looking at running it on everything from loose gravel to rocky grassy terrain

2) I have trusted Savox servos in the past, what are you folks using for your basher builds, and what would you recommend? I am looking at the following:

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Waterproof - Programmable Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 RC Models, Control Angle 180°(A86BHMW(Red)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0921P5D3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_HSW3NSAAM2C0JWSBMKD1?psc=1

OR I am looking at these and have no idea what to pick https://www.savoxusa.com/collections/monster-performance

3) I like big beefy tires so either the Backflip 6S OR the MX38 Badlands. I am assuming I may need this to make either of the tires work? https://m2cracing.net/notorious-v5-exb/593-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html

4) given the above, what sort of diff fluid F/C/R would you recommend for a 6S basher build?

Thank you!

QUESTIONS:

1) is my motor selection good? The aim is have a fast, quick basher build with insane torque; I am looking at running it on everything from loose gravel to rocky grassy terrain
You should have more than enough torque with this combo. I am running a HW 4275 2250kv on 4S and I already have traction issues on the track. I would start with a 15t pinion and check your Temps. Go up from there if you are ending your runs at a good temperature and if you desire more top speed

2) I have trusted Savox servos in the past, what are you folks using for your basher builds, and what would you recommend? I am looking at the following:

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Waterproof - Programmable Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 RC Models, Control Angle 180°(A86BHMW(Red)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0921P5D3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_HSW3NSAAM2C0JWSBMKD1?psc=1

OR I am looking at these and have no idea what to pick https://www.savoxusa.com/collections/monster-performance
My ET48 has an AFGRC 45K high speed. Love that servo. Lots of power and lots of response. Can't go wrong with that choice.
3) I like big beefy tires so either the Backflip 6S OR the MX38 Badlands. I am assuming I may need this to make either of the tires work? https://m2cracing.net/notorious-v5-exb/593-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html
I have no experience with these tires, but the ET48 2.0 has cutouts in the arms for larger tires. If you did need more clearance Tekno makes extended hubs.
Attached is a picture of the front arm cutouts.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5071e-wheel-hubs-4mm-lightened-gun-metal-ano-w-pins-2pcs/
4) given the above, what sort of diff fluid F/C/R would you recommend for a 6S basher build?

Thank you!
Wish I could help you here. I race mine so the diff fluids are stock. I am sure someone else can give you better input.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220320-112520_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-112520_Messenger.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 153
For the record, you would probably have been better served for a basher with the proven MT410 platform rather than the new 2.0.

1/ can’t go wrong with the 1520 motor, perfect motor on 6s.

2/ i have AGF and Savox, would certainly not buy AGF again (definitely nnot at that price point). Savox is a trusted brand and their servos deliver the performance you expect.

3/ tires are not a one-size-fits-all deal. To each use, specific tires. I have the Backflips 6s and believe they are great. They provide amazing air control (being so tall) and decent handling. The MX38 are far too heavy for my liking, but may work for you. Weight in general, hurts handling and is a liability to your driveline.

Here is a selection of tires I use for bashing:

5782F576-C135-404A-B4BC-70E10F0AC33B.jpeg

For the record, you would probably have been better served for a basher with the proven MT410 platform rather than the new 2.0.

1/ can’t go wrong with the 1520 motor, perfect motor on 6s.

2/ i have AGF and Savox, would certainly not buy AGF again (definitely nnot at that price point). Savox is a trusted brand and their servos deliver the performance you expect.

3/ tires are not a one-size-fits-all deal. To each use, specific tires. I have the Backflips 6s and believe they are great. They provide amazing air control (being so tall) and decent handling. The MX38 are far too heavy for my liking, but may work for you. Weight in general, hurts handling and is a liability to your driveline.

Here is a selection of tires I use for bashing:

View attachment 8121
Thank you Nicochau! Very helpful

1) I have been tempted by the 1717 motor as well. I just discovered it right before seeing your reply, and I think it might fit in the ET48 2.0 since it fits in the narrower chassis of the MT410, no? (Maybe I am mistaken?). I’d think the 1717 is a better motor, what do you think?

2) Thank you for sharing your experience with AGFRC! So I will stick with Savox. Can you tell me which Savox Monster Torque servo you’d pick? I am somewhat new to RC and pretty new to building kits… intuition tells me that for a basher setup torque is priority over speed in a servo; am I right?

3) again, thank you. The MX38 may be too heavy, I agree. I think I will try a set of Backflips 6S and see what happens. You are right that the terrain and other factors determine tire choice. Do you think I need those hub extenders from M2C to run the backflips 6S sized tires?

As for the MT410… I was put off by the 1/10 scale, but since I have heard so much about it, I can’t help but think whether to return the truggy and buy the MT410 haha. Plus I like the versatility of the ET48 2.0, as I can tune it into a racer with a pinion and tire swap and some handling modifications. Plus the newer platform. EDIT: I think I could be open to the MT410 since I am hearing it is actually 1/8 scale but called “1/10” for some reason. Is that true?

Last edited:

1) I have been tempted by the 1717 motor as well. I just discovered it right before seeing your reply, and I think it might fit in the ET48 2.0 since it fits in the narrower chassis of the MT410, no? (Maybe I am mistaken?). I’d think the 1717 is a better motor, what do you think?

2) Thank you for sharing your experience with AGFRC! So I will stick with Savox. Can you tell me which Savox Monster Torque servo you’d pick? I am somewhat new to RC and pretty new to building kits… intuition tells me that for a basher setup torque is priority over speed in a servo; am I right?

3) again, thank you. The MX38 may be too heavy, I agree. I think I will try a set of Backflips 6S and see what happens. You are right that the terrain and other factors determine tire choice. Do you think I need those hub extenders from M2C to run the backflips 6S sized tires?

As for the MT410… I was put off by the 1/10 scale, but since I have heard so much about it, I can’t help but think whether to return the truggy and buy the MT410 haha. Plus I like the versatility of the ET48 2.0, as I can tune it into a racer with a pinion and tire swap and some handling modifications. Plus the newer platform
Bashing or racing is the toughest choice in the world. Very soon, you’ll discover that racing is the thrill and bashing is the joy. Start bashing, you’ll end up doing both.

My 2 cts, get the MT for bashing and then build a race truck out of the 2.0. You’ll want both sooner rather than later. 😎

1/ the 1717 is larger diameter, that’s where you find yourself in the “too much” category. The larger the motor the more torque, the smaller the diameter the more speed (rpm) and reactivity. That is why the industry is leaning towards longer motor cans to get as much torque as possible for a given diameter. That 1520 is already over powered, get the maximum out of it and you’ll be happy with it. So much damage potential already 😂

2/ i’m very happy with the brushless 2274, but you can get a cheaper coreless in their lineup for less money.

3/ no need for hub extenders nor on the ET 2.0 nor the MT.

Bashing or racing is the toughest choice in the world. Very soon, you’ll discover that racing is the thrill and bashing is the joy. Start bashing, you’ll end up doing both.

My 2 cts, get the MT for bashing and then build a race truck out of the 2.0. You’ll want both sooner rather than later. 😎

1/ the 1717 is larger diameter, that’s where you find yourself in the “too much” category. The larger the motor the more torque, the smaller the diameter the more speed (rpm) and reactivity. That is why the industry is leaning towards longer motor cans to get as much torque as possible for a given diameter. That 1520 is already over powered, get the maximum out of it and you’ll be happy with it. So much damage potential already 😂

2/ i’m very happy with the brushless 2274, but you can get a cheaper coreless in their lineup for less money.

3/ no need for hub extenders nor on the ET 2.0 nor the MT.

Dude you have practically solved all my dilemmas! I ordered the MT410 as well haha!

So, now, I am dedicated to an absolute bashing monster built out of the MT410. Wheelies, flips, and all that!

I like the idea of starting off with a wider chassis though with tons of upgrades haha. Would you recommend a kit like this https://m2cracing.net/tekno/770-m2c-6826-tekno-mt410-to-eb483-wide-body-extended-beefcake-kit.html?

I’d think getting metal diffs from M2C would be a good idea as well since the diff casings which come with these kits is plastic, no?

As for the MT410… I was put off by the 1/10 scale, but since I have heard so much about it, I can’t help but think whether to return the truggy and buy the MT410 haha. Plus I like the versatility of the ET48 2.0, as I can tune it into a racer with a pinion and tire swap and some handling modifications. Plus the newer platform. EDIT: I think I could be open to the MT410 since I am hearing it is actually 1/8 scale but called “1/10” for some reason. Is that true?
The MT410 chassi is from the SCT410 which is a 1/10 scale, the arms etc are from the ET48/NT48 which is 1/8 scale, which makes it a bit shorter but keeps it wide and perfect for bashing. On the picture you have the MT410 on the left and the 1/8 Notorious 6s on the right.

Either way, build the truggy and enjoy it! Can always get the MT410 later on if you want a nimble and super driveable/controllable monster truck basher.

Picture is from this video

Attachments

• fed0e69d4048e48dd4b58e14025223f8.png
    fed0e69d4048e48dd4b58e14025223f8.png
    845.1 KB · Views: 168
Dude you have practically solved all my dilemmas! I ordered the MT410 as well haha!

So, now, I am dedicated to an absolute bashing monster built out of the MT410. Wheelies, flips, and all that!

I like the idea of starting off with a wider chassis though with tons of upgrades haha. Would you recommend a kit like this https://m2cracing.net/tekno/770-m2c-6826-tekno-mt410-to-eb483-wide-body-extended-beefcake-kit.html?

I’d think getting metal diffs from M2C would be a good idea as well since the diff casings which come with these kits is plastic, no?
Well done man !

For the MT410 (only reason it is mentioned as an 1/10 scale is because of body compatibility), you got to think short (stock) wheelbase or long (truggy like) wheelbase.

Short wheelbase:
+ better in smaller bashing spots
+ turns on a dime
+ great air control for stunts and backflips
- less stable at speed

Long wheelbase:
+ a lot more stable at speed, definitely what you need for a speed basher
= less air control, although backflips are absolutely in order if you have the power and the right wheels
+ big power is a lot more manageable
- less body options

Pick a chassis based on your preference, the m2c chassis are a lot stiffer than stock and drive differently. I personally love the precision of a braced chassis (usually for bashing) and drive them on the track for fun.

The wider chassis will definitely be helpful for long motor can build with ESC relocation.

Well done man !

For the MT410 (only reason it is mentioned as an 1/10 scale is because of body compatibility), you got to think short (stock) wheelbase or long (truggy like) wheelbase.

Short wheelbase:
+ better in smaller bashing spots
+ turns on a dime
+ great air control for stunts and backflips
- less stable at speed

Long wheelbase:
+ a lot more stable at speed, definitely what you need for a speed basher
= less air control, although backflips are absolutely in order if you have the power and the right wheels
+ big power is a lot more manageable
- less body options

Pick a chassis based on your preference, the m2c chassis are a lot stiffer than stock and drive differently. I personally love the precision of a braced chassis (usually for bashing) and drive them on the track for fun.

The wider chassis will definitely be helpful for long motor can build with ESC relocation.

Thank you Nico! You and I are following a similar path with RC. I got into this hobby about 2 years ago as well and bought the XMaxx and E-Revo... and then put them away. For some reason the RC bug came back, but I really didn't want to go back to the RTRs haha.

So, after your sage counsel and doing lots of soul-searching, here is a quick recap of my now TWO concurrent projects:

MT410:
Started a new thread in the MT410 forum.

ET48 2.0:

I have this kit on the way as well, and I want to specialize this as a racing truggy with a quick swap to a "basher setup" a la @PrimaRC (and I believe he is running the same 1520-1650KV motor). Again running with 4S and 6S. Perhaps even 8S when the moon is full and I feel like destroying the thing from the inside out. I think for now I will just build it as stock and see how far I take it. Moving the ESC to the top of the center diff using that MMM mount will allow me to run longer cans... however, as per your advice I don't think this platform needs any more motor than the 1520-1650 above :)

I really want to run that Tekin XR8 combo which everyone recommends for this truggy, but it is not waterproof. Bummer.

Thank you Nico! You and I are following a similar path with RC. I got into this hobby about 2 years ago as well and bought the XMaxx and E-Revo... and then put them away. For some reason the RC bug came back, but I really didn't want to go back to the RTRs haha.

So, after your sage counsel and doing lots of soul-searching, here is a quick recap of my now TWO concurrent projects:

MT410:
Started a new thread in the MT410 forum.

ET48 2.0:

I have this kit on the way as well, and I want to specialize this as a racing truggy with a quick swap to a "basher setup" a la @PrimaRC (and I believe he is running the same 1520-1650KV motor). Again running with 4S and 6S. Perhaps even 8S when the moon is full and I feel like destroying the thing from the inside out. I think for now I will just build it as stock and see how far I take it. Moving the ESC to the top of the center diff using that MMM mount will allow me to run longer cans... however, as per your advice I don't think this platform needs any more motor than the 1520-1650 above :)

I really want to run that Tekin XR8 combo which everyone recommends for this truggy, but it is not waterproof. Bummer.
Why is waterproof a must for you?

The Tekin with 4274 2000kv motor is perfect for this truck.

Why is waterproof a must for you?

The Tekin with 4274 2000kv motor is perfect for this truck.
makes cleaning a lot easier; spray water etc etc.

plus I am in MN, snow-bashing is a thing. Ran the xmaxx on paddles. It was hilarious

The ET 48 2.0 comes with Tekno shock caps already. Won’t need those on the ET.

Wrong spur for the ET 48 2.0 - TKR9117 is what you need

Recent Popular Liked

Back