• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 "kinda stock" Build - Sanity check!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayenah

Reaction score
Gents,

Thanks to user @Nicochau I have finally gotten my building strategy straightened out. Hell, after reading his comments I ordered the MT410 along with the ET48 2.0 which was already on the way.

1) My MT410 build will be kept mostly stock; I want a proper stunt truck/basher out of this. The more I see it dance around in its stock form, the more I love that Tekno DNA!

2) Additional parts:
- M2C 6970 Rear Chassis stiffener set
- M2C 6755 short rear center brace
- Tekno steel shock caps
- Tekno hardened 44T steel spur
- Backflip LP 4s to start
- Savox Monster Torque servo SB2292SG
- Anything else as per your recommendation?

3) should I get the M2C aluminium diff cups? Are the plastic ones durable?

4) I intend to stick with 4S-6S; the focus will be on stunting and bashing entirely; huge jumps and all that. Standing backflips and whatnot. Currently going with 1520-1650 Mamba X Monster 8S combo by Castle Creation. Any thoughts given the use case?

5) Recommendations on pinion gear given my use-case, motor, and tires combo?

Last edited:
1; It is so nimble and almost too easy to control, especially when jumping/in the air, in its stock form so I am all for keeping it as stock as possible.

3; For 6s I think most people prefer to use the alu diff cup in the center! Plastic ones are fine for me on 4s thus far.

4; 1520 combo will be a bit overkill and if you don't plan on running the m2c chassi you'll have a hard time fitting it. You would have to relocate the esc. Max8 combo is the perfect fit but if you rather run a castle setup I can only recommend to get a motor in the 1900-2200kv range.

5; I run the hobbywing max8 combo (2200kv) on 4s with a 17T pinion, 100k in center, max punch, backflip LP's and I can almost do standing backflips plus it is very wild to drive in general.

1) Nothing wrong with that.

2) Tekno Aluminum servo horn. Maybe the center brace from m2c.

All my m2c stuff is in the parts drawer atm as mine is setup a stock configuration.

3) I have Tekno hardened steel diff cups. They get the job done.

4) You will have to relocate the ESC. I’m happy with my Castle 2200kv and MMX

5) Depends… I run Backflip LP 4S and 16-17t pinions.

For castle motors, anything bigger than a 1515 2200kv won’t leave enough room for your ESC. You will need to relocate your ESC. M2C has a center brace and speed controller mount that sits on top of the center diff. I just did this conversion. If you have access to a 3D printer you can print diff covers to protect the wires for battery, ESC and motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 233
For castle motors, anything bigger than a 1515 2200kv won’t leave enough room for your ESC. You will need to relocate your ESC. M2C has a center brace and speed controller mount that sits on top of the center diff. I just did this conversion. If you have access to a 3D printer you can print diff covers to protect the wires for battery, ESC and motor.
Thanks Nadboo! I just got the M3 ESC relocation bracket as well. Might not need to print wire/diff covers

I have a 160mm long 6S battery which I aim to run with this setup. I do like the narrower stock chassis and the battery tray only accommodates batteries up till 140mm.

I haven’t started building yet, but if I cut off an edge of the battery tray, can it accommodate a 160mm long battery?

Love your build. Can you tell me anything about the tekno pictured. I got a great deal on it used. It appears to have mc2 chassis, towers, and center brace. I notice there is no gear cover. Is this normal? Do you see anything else missing? Any recommendations you can make? Thanks in advance. I'm new to tekno and am kind of in the dark here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-062647_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-062647_Gallery.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_20220331-055754_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-055754_Facebook.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 187
Love your build. Can you tell me anything about the tekno pictured. I got a great deal on it used. It appears to have mc2 chassis, towers, and center brace. I notice there is no gear cover. Is this normal? Do you see anything else missing? Any recommendations you can make? Thanks in advance. I'm new to tekno and am kind of in the dark here.
Nice build you got there.

The terrain crusher tires have the reputation to be great on road tires (fairly expensive set) but lack cushion off road,

You have the short version of the m2c chassis, including rear brace and go big tower braces front and rear. you are covered for some hardcore bashing with that setup.

Your left side battery tray seems to have been cut in the back. Most likely to make room for some larger packs. This is why the gears look a bit exposed. You can order that plastic battery tray part to replace it and possibly complement it with 3d printed gear covers if you’re bothered by it.

Enjoy!

Hello, could you please to your "conversion" i.e. the offset of the ESC times explain more detailed and villleicht again with pictures clarify how exactly you did it or what is necessary for it from M2C, namely am considering my ESC (Hobbywing XERUN) also possibly so to mount!
Thanks a lot already!

Greetings

Hello, could you please to your "conversion" i.e. the offset of the ESC times explain more detailed and villleicht again with pictures clarify how exactly you did it or what is necessary for it from M2C, namely am considering my ESC (Hobbywing XERUN) also possibly so to mount!
Thanks a lot already!

Greetings
Hello,

I am using an RSC relocation bracket by MMM to relocate my ESC. Try that

Thanks a lot already!

Greetings
Morning,
I first bought this plate to mount the ESC on the back left corner of the truck but the ESC is too big and hangs off the chassis. I then found a chassis brace that the plate can mount on. After ordering my parts I found out they make a kit with all the parts you need.
Here are the links to parts mentioned. Hope this helps

-plate….
https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-te...u-r1WYPIW0RdPgrylMh0xmULtkcMsDPkaAkjbEALw_wcB

-brace…. https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-tekno-mt410-rear-horizontal-brace-m2c6973/p866152

Kit……
https://m2cracing.net/tekno/304-m2c-6970-tekno-mt-410-go-big-rear-tower-chassis-stiffiner-kit.html

Morning,
I first bought this plate to mount the ESC on the back left corner of the truck but the ESC is too big and hangs off the chassis. I then found a chassis brace that the plate can mount on. After ordering my parts I found out they make a kit with all the parts you need.
Here are the links to parts mentioned. Hope this helps

-plate….
https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-te...u-r1WYPIW0RdPgrylMh0xmULtkcMsDPkaAkjbEALw_wcB

-brace…. https://www.amainhobbies.com/m2c-tekno-mt410-rear-horizontal-brace-m2c6973/p866152

Kit……
https://m2cracing.net/tekno/304-m2c-6970-tekno-mt-410-go-big-rear-tower-chassis-stiffiner-kit.html
I’m not sure if that last link is working correctly, here is the link for the kit for a normal chassis length….

Thanks for your answers and the links !
@Nadboo: ordered me exactly this "MT410 v2 GEN 2 GO BIG REAR TOWER STIFFINER KIT", also the Game Changer WIDE chassis ...!
What do you think, would the Hobbywing XERUN XR8+ G2S ESC with the Game Changer Chassis with the original side panel behind the battery compartment on the
Cover plate "M2C 6974 TEKNO ESC MOUNTING PLATE" fit without standing over, because should that be the case, I would mount the ESC then despite the more space, also on the rear M2C 6973 REAR HORIZINTAL BRACE !

Last edited:
Hello,

I am using an RSC relocation bracket by MMM to relocate my ESC. Try that
The part is really ingenious ... know Michael Meyer quite well, is also a company from Germany and the parts are of the quality absolutely super, already use his closed lug nuts ... on my KratonEXB and have me also for the Tekno already ordered other parts from him!

To his ESC mounting plate is to say that it is unreservedly recommended, only in my case it unfortunately covers the space above the engine, which I want to cool with 2x 40x40x28mm fans and I would be forced with the MMM bracket, the fans with bracket... too far to the side to have to tilt, which from the space, then no longer works with the body, otherwise that would also have been my solution for the ESC!

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back