• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Nb48 2.1 whats everyone doing for an after market body what mods have u done anyone else playing with shock springs oil and diff fliuds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PimpDadD

Reaction score
Nb48 2.1 whats everyone doing for an after market body what mods have u done anyone else playing with shock springs oil and diff fliuds

I have an EB48.4 and a mod I just finished up yesterday came out pretty good I think. What I did was use the shims that are used in the diffs under the bigger gears as a wheel hub shim. I noticed during my rebuild (new to Tekno and offroad) that there was some play between the hex hub and where the stub axle sticks out of the steering knuckle. This play I felt would become exaggerated after installing a wheel. I test fit one of the old shims (new ones were installed in the diffs) and it slid right in between the hub and knuckle so I decided to go for it. Using a Dremel and a chainsaw sharpening bit, I slowly enlarged the ID of the shim until it just slid on the stub axle. Take your time and do this as accurately as you can: you don't want the shim doing an elliptical circle as your wheel rotates, you want it rotating as perfect as you can get it. I had to sacrifice one along the way because my hole was out of round and too big. Once installed, slide the hub on, secure with the pin, and secure the pin with the set screw. Now check your in and out movement at the wheel hub/stub axle: it's gone yet everything rotates just as freely as before. I am thinking this will help in removing play and also help keep dirt out of the outer wheel bearings. My chassis is basically play free everywhere because of careful shimming like this. I know it helped immensely with on-road indoor carpet 1/10 touring cars.

Recent Popular Liked

Back