• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Red Thread Locker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Herron

Reaction score
Wondering if others have had to resort the red max hold lock tight for your pinion gears. Could not keep a pinion on my Castle 2200 KV that I have in my ET48 until I went to red and after just having completed my new MT 410 with the same size motor pinion came loose after about 15-20 minutes with the blue thread lock

In every case, I clean everything with an electronic cleaner and let them sit for at least 24 hours.
No problem with me ET 410 with a smaller motor.
Thanks for any comments!
Here’s the new rig
IMG_4685.jpeg

I've never used red, never felt the need. Maybe you should try cleaning with isopropyl alcohol instead. I use the 91% and blue 248 and never had anything come loose that I can recall. After going stick a couple years ago I'll never use liquid again. I always get a nice sharp crack when loosening metal on metal parts.

I tried orange when it first came out on a wing mount to shock tower and it pulled the threads in the shock tower when I took it apart.

Thanks for the reply Nub
Maybe it is my cleaning method.
I’d like to try the stick thread lock too.

Give it a try on the set screw for your pinion. Clean the threaded hole also. Dip it in a little cup or pour it into the hole and run a Q tip clockwise then counterclockwise to clean it out or a paper towel twisted to a point. To clean screws I wet a paper towel and use my driver to spin the screw counterclockwise while pinching it in the wet paper towel until no major residue shows.

The stick is the stuff

I had a grub screw that kept coming loose with blue thread lock. I ended up replacing the grub screw, haven't had anymore problems.

Recent Popular Liked

Back