• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL SCT410SL Setup Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Ran through 5 packs the other day at my local track. The track was outdoors, hard packed/bone dry and dusty. Started the day running the box stock setup, but was getting a lot of off-power oversteer. On-power, the car felt really good, rotated great and jumps were surprisingly easy. A couple other guys also noticed the same thing with their cars and started adding brass weights to the rear. I decided to take a different direction. I went from -2 camber in the rear to -3 and took out the long rear brace in the rear and put in the short one. The truck was quicker, but the oversteering problem didn't completely go away. Here's my setup sheet for my best run, and got me to within 1s of the fast guys that were also there.

Next time out, I'll try reducing the front toe to 1 (or 0 depending on how it goes). I also got some JConcepts Dirt Webs for the front to bring the front grip down a bit in these conditions. If that doesn't work, I'll look at taking out the rear sway bars or putting some green springs on the front shocks and/or increasing front sway bar thickness.

Attachments

• SCT410SL Setup Sheet.pdf
    838.7 KB · Views: 152
consider using the following chart from Hudy to help prioritize the tuning changes for what you need the car to do, though this guide is indented for on-road, I've found it very helpful for off-road where there are some off-road tuning options not provided here but this will often solve what you need for 90% of the time:

1691865047977.png

^Thanks! This is super helpful. Glad to see I'm generally on the right track. I totally didn't think about roll-center, I'll add that to my list.

Last edited:
Got to the track again this morning for a few quick runs, same conditions as the other day. Switched to Dirt Web (blue) fronts and Sprinter (blue) rears and the off-power oversteer issue is pretty much gone. On-power the car still ran great. I might look at trying thicker front sways and the front Sprinter tires to see if that's a bit quicker next time out.

Made some changes to my setup, most notably the rear weights, going to 1.8mm front sways and standing up the rear shocks. Car is super stable on and off power now. And I won my first 4wd short course club race!

Attachments

• SCT410SL Setup Sheet v2.pdf
    901.3 KB · Views: 143
RustyUs any chance you could post ur setup sheet on here? I had trouble bringing it up on So dialed

Recent Popular Liked

Back