• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New Wheels and Tires advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

full_of_fit

Reaction score
Well after my last mini bashing session one of my Proline Badlands, peeled away from the rim and the foam was coming out. After emailing pro line they said that it doesn’t look like it can be fixed with glue and that the only way they can help me out wise to provide proof of purchase. Anyway all that to say are there any wheels and tires that come belted? When I googled belted RC tires the SRC off road wheels came up...The Rams themselves look fantastic by the tires on this one too low profile to The rims themselves look fantastic but the tires seem to low profile to absorb any sort of jump. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don’t want to try the fishing line or the duck tape trick I just want something that I could just bolt on and go. Thanks again for all of your help,
Ian

Picture of the tire

D73534F2-E00C-4F45-9109-747B9DDD32B9.jpeg

Suppose you’re bashing with that truck. I would just push that back in and glue the tire again. But I might have overseen something on your pic.

The SRC seem to be great... on-road. Def not enough cushion.

I like the dboot Back flips. Little ballooning for what they are.

I did originally push the foam in any was about to buy some glue but then I decided to email proline since I’ve spent a lot of money with them. The proline rep that if I tired to reglue it would rip again and proceed to tell me I need Ed proof of purchase to receive 10% my next purchase ?. Yeah that won’t be happening

I did originally push the foam in any was about to buy some glue but then I decided to email proline since I’ve spent a lot of money with them. The proline rep that if I tired to reglue it would rip again and proceed to tell me I need Ed proof of purchase to receive 10% my next purchase ?. Yeah that won’t be happening

That happens with tyres unfortunately. The Dboots Katar tyres on the front of my ET48.3 ripped after doing backflips on 6S.

I have glued them back and they have so far lasted one battery pack, so time will tell if they hold up.

I re-glue a majority of my stuff. Don't bother with the warranty. 10% discount is a joke.

I buy the cheap CA glue at 99c or sometimes the more expensive stuff from Home Depot / Lowes. They seem to work the same.

My recommendations:
  • buy a Cyanoacrylate glue

• buy multiple containers rather than a big tube. Once opened, the best is to use the glue immediately. Those glue tend to deteriorate.

• when glueing, good sense stuff: clean the stuff before glueing, put enough glue, make sure it spreads to enough surface

• if you really want to keep an open tube: close it and put it in a very dry location, ideally in a fridge (some freeze it, I don't bother)

If you want your CA to last longer after opening. Store the closed container in your freezer. It will maintain its usability much longer this way.

I also suggest a "thin" CA glue for gluing up tires to rims.

Recent Popular Liked

Back