• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Where to buy pre-balanced wheels and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get wheels/tires already balanced? I have one that's giving me a heck of a time and all I get is a wobble no matter how I balance it. Anyone been here before? I just ordered a new pair of back flips. The other 3 balanced just fine.

am thinking of marking the tire and rim and re-glue them 180 apart to improve the balance. got a bunch of clay on it and still not enough to balance.

am thinking of marking the tire and rim and re-glue them 180 apart to improve the balance. got a bunch of clay on it and still not enough to balance.
Are you running vented tires/wheels

I had major issues with some foams that got wet / saturated and it was beating my rig apart from being unbalanced

Ahh you understand, shaking at certain speeds a lot for no reason. I don't go in the water so I know is not water but I do go in the sand and dirt and it was sand and dirt, lol. I heated the backflips to 350 and took the tire off a little while ago. I couldn't believe how much sand and dirt were in it and there were no tears around the bead I check really close. But really full of dirt. am not sure if I should tape the two little holes on the inside of the wheel to keep them cleaner. I know it would affect the suspension, but am gonna try it. Am going to glue the tire back on now and balance it tomorrow am and see how it behaves. ordered two backflips anyway. btw I didn't weight but I'd say at least 3 ounces or more of dirt and sand.

so I unglued the tire and clean out all the dirt inside and clean it up and re-glued the tire. Now I can balance the tire easily and stops freely anywhere as I balance it, cool. Still wobble though. The rim is off center. Like a bicycle wheel that has bent spokes and rubs against the disc brakes when you spin it, but this is plastic and nothing to adjust. So am expecting the two new tires and wheels coming later this week will be a permanent fix. This is a pretty heavy duty plastic rim don't see how they can go off center like this?

Just ran the rig and it's way better now, in fact acceptable. Still wobbles a little but you can't see it anymore when it's on the ground running. A little wobble if you run it full throttle while holding it in the air. before it was shaking my mt410 apart just bashing. so moral on my story is rim off center is not good but ok, wheel unbalanced will shake your rig apart. In my case loose dirt got in through those 2 little venting holes on the inside of the rim and then I guess the dirt rolled around inside with the foam and caused the balance to go off each time I ran it. wooble would get progressively worse each run. It's like this wheel is balanced now, you go for a run and now it's not. what the . . . who would think so much dirt would get it those venting holes? Still wish someone sold balanced wheels. I don't speed run but I imagine at higher speeds this could be a BIG problem. Maybe the littler racing rims don't have the same issue, dunno.
got rid of the heat problem on the mt410 after almost a year of screwing around and now a wobble? Whew, glad the mystery is over. yeap am gonna cover the holes on the new tires and see what effect it has on suspension.

I usually cover the holes in the rim and vent the tires by poking two holes in them. Worked great so far for me.

Recent Popular Liked

Back